This Is Halloween

Eddie never really celebrated Halloween after he turned fourteen, he barely did before that cause his mother thought it was evil, Richie got to celebrate and his parents were hard on catholics.

Once he was out of his mother's control he was already twenty so the most he did was get black out drunk at a stupid college party.

Then he met Myra at about twenty-three and she didn't celebrate.
So he didn't.

But Richie loved the holiday.
His decor looked straight out of a horror movie, he pulled pranks and even attempted to make cookies and decorate them with some spooky theme, he usually failed.
Richie fucking Tozier still dressed up, even if only for a small Halloween party with his parents, watching horror movies and binge eating candy.

"Rich, I don't mean to rain on your parade but.. what the fuck is that?" Eddie asked, walking into the kitchen in a suit getting ready for work, he had transferred to an office in LA.

"It's a gingerbread haunted house." Richie said, icing coating his fingers, looking up from his house with a smile.

"When did they start making those?" Eddie questioned, going to grab himself a cup of coffee.

"Technically, this is a normal gingerbread house that I'm adding Halloween spirit to." Richie said, Eddie snorted slightly.

"I gotta go to work, I'll see you later." Eddie said, walking up to him to kiss his cheek which made Richie smile, looking up from his house again.

"Be careful, love you!"

"I love you too." Eddie said, patting his back before leaving, their dog trying to follow.

Later that night Eddie came home to see Richie, along with his parents, on the couch watching some disgusting scene from a horror movie.
Richie was holding their dog, Cheese Puff, on his lap.

"Hi sweetheart." Maggie said, looking over with a soft smile. Eddie had always liked Maggie's smile, it was always so much more motherly than anything Sonia had ever thrown his way.

"Hi Maggie." Eddie said, bumping the door shut with his leg, holding his briefcase under his arm to lock it, then he leaned the case against the wall.

"Hey Eddie Spaghetti!" Richie said, looking over with a smile that made Eddie smile softly back.

"I'm gonna go change, what're you guys watching?" Eddie asked, Richie gave him a look.

"You've never seen Saw? It came out in 2004." Richie said, Eddie just shrugged.

"Myra didn't like horror movies so.." Eddie said, Richie nodded.

"We're not that far into it, join us after you're changed, okay?" Richie said with a soft, hopeful smile.
Eddie leaned down to kiss Richie's head before going off to the bedroom.

They spent the rest of the night watching shitty horror movies together.
Eddie eventually fell asleep against Richie.
Went and Maggie stayed the night in the guest room and Richie helped Eddie to bed.

A couple days later Richie woke up to Eddie sitting on the couch with Puff cuddled up to his leg next to him, a slasher movie playing on the TV.

"Hey Eddie Baby, what're you watching?" Richie asked, squeezing his shoulder as he walked behind him.

"Child's Play." Eddie said with his arms crossed "Mom never let me watch it."

"Well have fun with ol' Chuck." Richie said, kissing his temple before going off to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"This movie is so childish." Eddie said, Richie snorted walking back in with his bowl of cereal, sitting beside him "so is my boyfriend, why the hell are you eating cereal for breakfast?"

"It's good.. and I didn't wanna cook.." Richie said, shoveling a bite in his mouth.

"Well if you had gotten up at a reasonable hour, like I did, you could've eaten eggs with me, but instead you got up at fucking noon." Eddie said, Richie laughed.

"Oh yeah? How did you get those eggs? You ordered them from fucking DoorDash or something." Richie said, Eddie snorted making Richie laugh too.

Eddie couldn't cook to save his life, he knew how to microwave stuff but that was about it.
Sonia, nor Myra, ever let him cook so he really never learned, Richie had been living on his own for like, twenty something years, plus Maggie was a great cook and taught him.

"Hey Eds?" Richie asked as the laughter died out, Eddie looked up at him with a soft smile "thanks for putting up with my shit, I know it's not easy.." Eddie just shrugged, leaning against his side.
Richie smiled as he ate (Eddie may have stolen a few bites) and they watched the rest of the movie together.

Now, on Halloween night, Richie was leaning against the counter in the kitchen as something baked in the oven.
Eddie walked in, still in his suit from work.

"Hey Rich." Eddie called out as Puff ran up to greet him, making him laugh "hey baby." Eddie said, shutting the door with his foot and laying the briefcase down to kneel down at Puff's level, petting her.

"Hey Eddie Spaghetti." Richie said with a wide smile, as he rounded the corner, to see Eddie playing with Puff "hey you better get dressed up, my parents are gonna be here in like twenty."

"Dressed up? It's your parents I'm wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants." Eddie said, looking up from Puff.

"No, in your costume." Richie said with a shit eating grin.

"Richie." Eddie said, standing up "you know I love you very much.. but we are forty year old men, I'm almost forty-one.. I'm not wearing a Halloween costume."

"Oh come on Eds, it's just us and my parents, you can wear a Halloween costume for like, three hours.. I promise it's not bad, Puff and I have matching ones!" Richie said, Eddie sighed at Richie’s commitment to the bit.

"Fine, but you two have to get dressed first." Eddie said, Richie smiled picking up Puff.

"We'll be back in a few." Richie said, making Puff wave her tiny paw, Eddie chuckled slightly as they walked away.

A few minutes passed before Richie walked back in wearing a pumpkin sweater, Puff had a tiny pumpkin sweater and a pumpkin collar.
Eddie laughed seeing them.

"Wow, you two look great." Eddie said, Richie snorted.

"So will you put on the damn sweater?" Richie asked with a hopeful look in his eyes, Eddie just sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah." Eddie said kissing Puff's cheek as he walked by to their bedroom to change.

"Hey Puffy." Richie said, kissing her head before putting her on the couch and going to check on the food.

Eddie came in a few minutes later in a matching pumpkin sweater, making Richie grin.

"I'm sorry, you must be mistaken, you look far too dashing to be Eddie Kaspbrak." Richie said, leaning back against the counter, making Eddie snort and shake his head.

"Are you happy now?"

"Very much so.." Richie said, kissing him, Eddie kissed back before they pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Are Maggie and Went dressing up too?"

"Yup, who do you think bought the pumpkin sweaters?" Richie said, Eddie laughed "I think they're wearing the sweaters too, I bet Mom will make it her Christmas card."

"Probably." Eddie said, kneeling down to pet Puff "at least you look cute."

"You too!" Richie said in a high pitch voice he used for Puff, Eddie laughed at him.

The night started with them all standing in front of the fireplace in their sweaters, Went's old camera set up on a table to get the picture of them all together.

Then they all ate, got drunk and watched shitty horror movies while eating candy.

Puff was cuddled up to Went most of the night.
Richie was leaning against Eddie's side and Maggie was asleep on the other side of Went.

Eddie figured this was the best Halloween of his life.