Fortunately, they were inside a private booth so no one paid attention to them but nu looked visibly uncomfortable and scared after this.

It was noticeable from the way the younger refused to look at him again and looked down.

Zee closed his eyes and took a deep breath, running a hand through his dyed hair, calming himself down

He opened his eyes and held nu's hand again, squeezing them gently,

"I'm sorry. I....I didn't mean to get mad,"

he apologized in a soft voice, rubbing the back of the younger's hand in a comforting manner.

Nu nodded at him, but he still looked visibly shaken and refused to look into his eyes.

Zee sighed.

He messed up.

He messed up again.

Nu was already depressed enough.

Now the younger would close off even more before after his explosion of anger.

He even looked mildly scared of him. Zee didn't want nu to be scared of him, ever.

He held both of nu's hand in his with guilt and kissed them softly, apologizing once again,

"I'm sorry. I'll see what can I do about the case. Don't worry. We'll find sky no matter what."

....................

..................

There was a reason why zee was like the way he was.

Not having a mother figure in his life since the moment he was born and his father always being busy with his CEO job, he grew up all alone and spoiled to the brim.

He was too unhinged for anyone to control. During his teenage years, he smoked like a Chains mokers.

Drinking alcohol like it was water, taking drugs, getting involved in gang activities, there were only a very few negative things that he didn't do in the past.