hüRt

Taking a deep breath, he started,

"Look,Nu.

I know I said to you yesterday I'd help you find your baby no matter what.

But I found some other things about this missing case that you didn't tell me before.

I need to sort thisout with you first before proceeding with this case. Do you understand?"

zee said patiently.

Nu looked genuinely confused but he nodded slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed, away from Zee.

Zee's shirt barely covering the younger up to his mid thigh.

"Is it true that you had a miscarriage after marrying bright, nu?"

Nu looked taken aback by that sudden question,

"Y-Yes, I had.

But...but that was after sky was born.

What does it have to do anything with-"

"It does have a lot to do with what you have told me, Nu .

I've talked with your husband a fewdays ago and he seems to have no idea about who sky is or what you are talking about.

Can you tell me why is that.?"

zee cut him off sharply before he could even finish his sentence, directly getting to the point in stead of beating around the bushes.

Nu held his breath, having no idea why zee was asking him these things all on a sudden when they were supposed to be talking about how to bring back his missing child,

"I.....I don't know why did he say that. Bright and I-

we've been together for four years. And

I- I remember every single memory of sky, the memories of sky with me and also bright.

But I have no idea w-why he is denying the existence of our baby,"

Nu explained,still looking confused, nervous and biting his already bruised lips to control his tears threatening to fall anytime soon.

Nu genuinely looked clueless and a little anxious by the turn of their conversation.

"Then why did you not tell me this before, Nu?"

zee asked, looking quite pissed eventhough he had no right to be so,

"I want to trust you.

But what I've heard from bright is exactly opposite of what you've told me. He said that you're traumatized and spewing nonsense about this baby.

If that's the case, then tell me, who am I supposed to believe and understand?"

Nu could only stare at zee, shocked and hurt beyond description.

Zee had visited bright?

And this is what bright told him?

Nu felt like someone just poured an entire bucket of ice water on him.

He was confused, he was hurt, wondering why zee was bringing this all up now of all times when he had clearly promised to nu last night that he would help to find nu's son.

Nu felt betrayed.

He felt used.

"There was nothing for me to tell you, zee.

I just needed a help from you because no one else helped me and I was just...

desperate.

All I asked from you was just to help me in find my missing son.

But all on a sudden you are doubting me. H-How could you?

I.... I even slept with you because of this......"

Nu said in utter disbelief, finally crying.

He tried to not cry, to not shed any more tears in front of his cruel ex lover.

But he just couldn't help it.

Nu couldn't believe zee was questioning him about his own son.

He thought he had a hope.

He was so happy to find out that zee was the only one who didn't doubt him, about his baby.

The only one who didn't discard his words by saying he's just traumatized.

But turned out nu was wrong all alone. Zee, too, had his doubts.

Nu wiped his tears with his right hand and tried to control his voice.

Maybe zee still wanted to help him.

Maybe he's just confused and wanted to clear this out with Nu.

There's no way he's now turning his back to nu right after nu literally sold his dignity to the man in exchange for finding his baby.

"You trust me, right zee? You promised me that you would continue searching for sky from today and bring him back to me,"

Nu moved closer to zee and held the older' s hand in his, hopeful eyes staring back at the older' s unreadable one's,

"Please tell me you are not also thinking what they are thinking.

You don't really think that I'm lying, r-right? Y-You will find my baby, won't you?"

nu pleaded, holding zee's face.

But zee had enough.

It seemed like nu really had no clue about his trauma whatsoever, denying everything.

Zee put his hands on top of nu's that were holding his face and pulled them away.

"I'm sorry, nu.

But I'm afraid you don't actually have a child to begin with that you are asking me to find for you.

You're just traumatized and need time to get over your miscarriage,"

zee explained softly, rather cradling his face and proceeding to pull him into his arms.

To be continued