Chapter IX

Chapter 9: Attack on Vah Medoh

"Again!"

Tech's voice echoed through Link's mind even when he wasn't there. They had been training for the past day on how to perform Bullet Time. He remembered watching Tech's boney fingers pull back the bowstring and then releasing it in just a second.

Plummeting into the freezing cold water was not nice, but he had to learn. He had almost got the hang of it now, but still had trouble doing it so he didn't lose too much stamina.

By the end of night, he had mastered it. He showed Tech, who was impressed by his improvement. They went out to get bomb arrows after that.

At night, they returned to the Flight Range, where Teba was waiting.

"At dawn, we leave," Teba said.

They went to sleep and woke up the next day ready to fight.

"Let's go," Teba said, as another Warrior approached.

Link climbed on Teba and the Warrior carried Tech in his talons (much to Tech's discomfort).

When they got near Medoh, the pinky-red shield was raised, the cannons being its power source. The warrior dropped Tech from his talons, before flying away. Teba let Link get off him before explaining the plan while Link and Tech floated with their paragliders out.

"I'll take it in turns to cover one of you. You both hit the cannons with two Bomb Arrows, got it?" Teba asked.

Link and Tech both nodded and the fight began.

Attack on Vah Medoh - BOTW OST

Teba covered Link first, drawing Medoh's fire away from him. Link then shot an arrow at the cannon, damaging it. He shot another arrow at the cannon and the cannon sparked and then deactivated.

Tech's first cannon was a little harder. Since Teba wasn't covering him, he had to deal with the shots Medoh sent at him.

To avoid getting hit, he'd wait until Medoh was about to shoot before folding his paraglider, letting him fall, the shot going over his head. He shot the first arrow at the cannon, damaging it. His eyes went wide as Teba accidentally directed the shot meant for him towards Tech. Tech moved out of way, but the blast still only just missed his cheek and shoulder. He gritted his teeth, trying desperately to not let go of his paraglider, as a searing burning pain erupted in his cheek and shoulder from the heat that the blast gave off.

"Ahhh!" He screamed as the pain became unbearable...maybe the blast did hit him. He accidentally let go of his paraglider and began falling. "HELP ME!"

Teba looked down and saw Tech falling.

"Hang on!" He called as he dove towards Tech.

Teba caught Tech by Tech's injured arm. He groaned at the pain. Teba hoisted Tech on his back, and caught his paraglider too.

"We have to draw the fire away from Link," Teba said, flying towards Link's position.

"Eek!" Link cried as a blast almost hit him.

"Link!" Tech shouted, grabbing Link's attention. "Hold on!"

"I'm hanging here!" Link screamed.

Teba covered for Link while he shot an arrow at his second cannon. Tech jumped off Teba, using his paraglider to stay airborne and floated around the other side to shoot at the sparking cannon that he'd started. His shoulder burned from the pain, but he pushed through it and shot the cannon, deactivating it.