Chapter II

Chapter 2: The King's Final Request

'King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule' by artist unknown

"I am Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. I was the last King of Hyrule."

King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule
—————————
The Last King of Hyrule

The King stood floating in the air, surrounded by blue flames.

"I thought it was not wise to burden you while your memory was still fragile. So, I assumed a temporary form. One that would test your loyalty. I wanted to see if you would help an old man out. I was right about you still being the same. Even without your memory," he said. "You're probably wondering what is going on. Allow me to tell you what happened in the war one hundred years ago."

Link watched as the King turned to face the broken window of the Temple of Time.

"Hyrule used to be a wondrous Kingdom. It is merely a fragment of what it once was. Hearing a prophecy about what was to come, we started searching for anything that was used in the same war that happened ten thousand years ago," he started saying. "As we excavated our land, we discovered machines called Guardians. We also found much larger machines called the Divine Beasts. We began trying to operate these machines. The Guardians were fine on their own, but the Divine Beasts needed a pilot. We sent out the Princess and a party to search for the best warrior of the four races, aside from Hylians."

"As the Calamity drew closer, Hyrule got more dangerous and the Princess was in need of a Personal Knight. That was you, Link. She also had another guard. His name was Tech. Under the order of Ciddarin Scaleback, he worked alongside you. You were great friends with him once you both put aside your differences."

"However, when the Calamity struck, we soon realised we had underestimated Ganon's intelligence and power. He took control of the Divine Beasts and Guardians and killed the four Champions. The Castle fell and I lost my life. Only you, the Princess, Tech and the people in the villages survived. You were gravely wounded defending the Princess and you were taken to the Shrine of Resurrection, where you remained for the last 100 years."

"The Princess and Tech rushed the sacred sword you once used, which was heavily damaged, to a forest in the middle of a mysterious woods. They laid it to rest in its sacred grove, before heading back to the Castle. They parted ways and the Princess bravely chose to use her power to trap Ganon in the Castle, thus trapping herself. Tech left, and awaited the day you would awaken."

"The Princess's name was Zelda. My beloved daughter, one who I failed to be a good father for. If I had been in the right mindset, perhaps the outcome would've been different. That voice you've been hearing...it's Zelda...crying out for help. Her power is fading. Soon, it will disappear and Ganon will be free to roam once more. Hyrule will stand no chance. I have no right to ask this of you, but please. Save my daughter...and tell her...I am sorry."

The King pointed out the window.

"There is a village called Kakariko Village northeast of here. They have a chief called Impa. Seek her out and she will fill you in with the details. There is also someone waiting for you there."

The King turned around and pointed to a chest in the corner.

"I kept my promise. I do not need the Paraglider anymore. Take it. It's yours," he said. "Go and bring peace to Hyrule."

With that, he disappeared. Link felt the Sheikah Slate. A few banners appeared.

An Isolated Plateau (Main Quest) - Complete

Link clicked later. Three new quest banners appeared.

Destroy Ganon (Main Quest)

Quest Name: Destroy Ganon.

Quest Giver: King Rhoam.

Quest Objective: Destroy Ganon in Hyrule Castle and save Zelda and the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Quest Requirements: None.

Quest Reward: None.

Diary Entry: Here I am. I still don't remember anything, but I'm being told to save the world. Who does he think I am? Ugh. I guess I'll do it, cause maybe I'll figure out who I am.

Seek Out Impa (Main Quest)

Quest Name: Seek Out Impa.

Quest Giver: King Rhoam.

Quest Objective: Find Impa who is the chief of Kakariko Village, a village southwest of here.

Quest Requirements: None.

Quest Reward: None.

Diary Entry: Yet to Add. Click Here to Add.

An Old Friend (Main Quest)

Quest Name: An Old Friend.

Quest Giver: King Rhoam.

Quest Objective: Head to Kakariko Village, a village southwest of here and meet the mysterious person waiting for you.

Quest Requirements: None.

Quest Reward: None.

Diary Entry: Yet to Add. Click Here to Add.

Link sighed. There were a lot of quests to do. He still had no idea who he was. This guy, who he assumed was Tech, was waiting for him, and would probably know more about him then he did and—wait. This guy knew more about him than he did! He could help him figure out who he is! Link opened the chest, roughly grabbed the Paraglider and jumped off the Temple of Time, heading to Kakariko Village.

Trivia: None.

Sorry this was short, but the next one will hopefully be longer! At the start, it's short, but it will get longer!

Baiii! Have a nice day/evening/afternoon!

Love,
Zelda.