Chapter 9

*Val POV*
He hisses, talking to vile. I sigh, stroking his hand, trying to comfort him. How could vile do something without him seeing ? My music was cut short when, Skul stumbled against the wall, muttering curse words. "Skul!?" I yell, panicking, as he collapses but doesn't stop twitching. The dead men come running out, hearing me yell, only to stop in shock at the twitching skeleton before them. I drop onto my knees, shaking. "Skul??! SKULDUGGERY!" I yell, tears escaping my eyes. Then he starts screaming. Kenspeckle comes rushing out, surprised to see it was skulduggery, as the rest of us stand there helpless. "Move!" He orders, sitting next to Skul. He sighs, talking to me above the screaming. "I can't do anything... We just have to wait.." He murmered, softly to me, knowing I was going to cry. And I did. I sobbed as the dead men carried him to the medical room, luckily it was soundproof, and Tanith took me in her arms as I sobbed quietly.
2 days later
I stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing a coffee mug. I hadn't been coping without Skul. Everyone was worried. I hadn't eaten since he started screaming and I was barely sleeping. He wouldn't stop screaming. No one even knew why though. I hissed, the water boiling over onto my hand. I sighed, putting the mug down and walking outside to my car instead.

I got out of my car, ignoring the sympathetic glances from mages, as I made my way to Ghastlys office, were they all were. I knocked on the door, softly. A tired and worn down Gabby opened the door, hugging me. I hugged her back, knowing she needed it. She led me into the room, as I kept my head down. I sat down next to her, squeezing her hand. "Val, you were the last one with Skul.... Tell us what happened..." Ghastly asks, his voice breaking. I knew Skul was his best friend, but I couldn't tell him. Especially not ghastly. I shake my head, as I feel the tension rise in the room. "Why?! Cause it was you wasn't it!?" Dexter snaps, getting up. I whip my head up, glaring at him. "YOU THINK IT WAS ME!?? HES MY BOYFRIEND! I LOVE HIM FOR FRIGGS SAKE AND YOUR AC-"
"You think Val did this to me?"