Chapter 6

*Val POV*
"Let's... Let's get out of view..." She mumbled, leading me behind the building. The dead men turned to me, confused. I just shook my head, telling them not to follow. She slouched against the wall, crying. "Gabs... What is it?" I mumble, worriedly. She shakily reaches up Ono the nape of her neck, pressing a small tattoo. I gasped in shock, as the girl who stood before me was completely covered. In scars. She had scars and bruises all over her body, to many to count. Tears escaped my eyes, understanding now. "I.. I was so alone... Hopeless... I didn't think I would find him!" She cried, falling to the floor. I grabbed her into my arms, whispering my soothing things in her ears. "Gabs, it's ok. It'll get better, okay? I won't tell I you don't want me to.." I mutter, calming her. She shakes her head. "It's not that... Dads a detective! He'll figure it out, and he'll hate me for being so weak!" She sobs, pressing the tattoo again. Her creamy, clear, skin reappears. I pull her up, looking into her eyes. "He would never do that. I know from experience okay? Not the same as yours, but I have nightmares every night, so bad that I wake up screaming, tearing at my skin and crying. He doesn't think any less of me. He told me those exact words. Your his daughter, he loves you and he wouldn't leave you!" I state, shaking her. She smiles softly, nodding. She wipes her tears and stands up tall. "Right. I think I'm okay now. Well, I'm not. But mostly." She sighs, laughing a cold laugh. I frown slightly. She walks back around the corner, seeing the dead men in an intense conversation. "No! Your not putting her in a cell!" Skul yells, pointing at Anton. Anton glares at Skul, pushing him back. "I know she's your daughter, but we have to! Just to make sure that only she came back, and to find out who bloody brang her back!" Anton screams, making Skul falter. Ghastly steps up, crossing his arms. The other dead men step back, wary. "Why didn't oh tell us?!" He snaps, glaring at Skul. Skulduggery pauses, staying silent. "It's not I-" "what's not important?" Saracen asks, confused. Ghastly shoves Skul against the wall, but Skul makes no movement. "That Sherree was abusing skulduggery everyday!" He snaps, tears coming o his eyes. "Oh shit..." Gabby mumbles, both of us just standin there in shock. The dead men all stare at skulduggery, looking for a confirmation. "What.... Why didn't you tell us!?" Dexter snaps, angry. "We're brothers, we could've helped you!" Anton growls, tears escaping his eyes. "No one could of helped me! I could've stopped her! But I didn't because she was right!" Skul snaps, pushing the dead men away, and storming into the woods. The dead men turn to us, all crying. "We could've helped! Why didn't he help us?!" Erskine cried at gabby. Gabbys eyes look angry as she glares at them. "He tried to kill himself! I stopped him! You don't understand what it's like to feel worthless an having someone constantly tell you that!" She cries, running into the sanctuary. I stay frozen, crying. I didn't know he tried to do that.