Chapter 7

*Val POV*
I was stuck between two choices. Go after my boyfriend, or my boyfriends daughter. "Go after gabby!" I snap, running into the woods. I don't wait for an answer.

"Skulduggery?!" I call out, for the 100th time this hour. I push past a rough branch, walking into anther tree. I grumble, falling to the floor. I hear a chuckle to my left, and turn over to see Skul sitting against a tree, right besides me. "Hey..." I state, grabbing his hand. He sighs, helping me up. "Talk to me" I murmer, hugging him. He takes in a deep breath, but nods. "It was just before gabby and Sherree got killed. I was furious. Furious at myself for being so stupid and not getting gabby out of there sooner. It was during the war so no one noticed what was going on. I remember staring at the gun for over an hour... Before finally picking it up. I placed it against my forehead, but just as i was about to shoot, Gabby burst into the room. "Daddy! I saw your note! Please don't!" She sobbed, latching onto me. I collapsed in tears, shaking from what I was going to do. It wasn't a good day. Not to mention the fact I actually died the next day" he stated, resting his head against mine. "Skul... I'm so sorry... I wish I could've been there to help you... Please... Please come back... We need you..I need you.." I sob, hugging him closer. He nods, kissing me as best a skeleton can. I smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Did you see my detective skills?" I say sarcastically. He chuckles, "They were so good you didn't happen to see the tree." He states, making me roll my eyes. "It jumped out at me!" I tried, pouting. He playfully punched my arm. "Yeah suuuuuurrrreee" he laughs, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I grin, taking his hat off his head. "Hey!" He growls, chasing after me as I race towards the sanctuary. "Give it back missy!" He growls playfully. I laugh, shaking my head. "Nope! You'll have to catch me!" I state, picking up the pace. I push through the last of the trees running into the empty parking lot. Skul runs out behind me, taking a stance across from me. "Come get it!" I giggle, running inside. I hear him sigh, chasing after me. I bolt inside, passing the dead men and gabby. I wave at them, running past them.

*Ghastly POV*
We stop talking, at hearing the door burst open. We look up to see val, racing past us and a laughing skulduggery hot on her heels. "There at it again!" I state, sighing. The rest of the dead men grin, smiling. "I'm just glad he's okay..." Saracen mutters, sighing. I turn back to gabby, staring at her sadly. "I'm sorry, but we need to take you in for questioning..." I murmer, hugging her. She shrugs, sighing. "It's s'okay" she frowns, following us to a cell.