Chapter 1

*Val POV*
"I met this girl yesterday,she's an elemental!" I grin, kissing his teeth. Skulduggery laughs, "See your not the only one tortured into going to high-school!" I poke my tongue out at him, getting off his lap. I walk to the kitchen, getting breakfast. "Don't forget to get changed!" He laughs, making me look down. "Hey! I'm already changed!" I frowned back, making him laugh. "Just checking. Remember last time?" He chuckles from my lounge room. "I try not to remember" I mutter, grabbing an apple. "I'll see you at 2:45?" I mumble, hugging him. He sighs, groaning. "Only cause I love you..." He mutters, as I grin, kissing him again. "See! This is what happens when you make your girlfriend go to school!" I point it, grabbing my bag and waving, before heading towards the bus stop.

"So, where are you from?" Blizzard asks, sitting down on the soft grass. "I'm born and raised in haggard, but I'm living with my boyfriend at the moment.." I mumble, blushing. She giggled, grinning. "What about you?" I mumble, curious. She pauses, upset. "That's the thing. I was killed in the war against mevolent, but o was brought back...." She mumbles, tears running down her cheeks. I wrap her in a hug, feelin sorry for her. "I'm sorry! Are you ok?" I mumble, trying to comfort her. "I've been looking for my dad... But I can't find him anywhere! Someone told me that he didn't die, quite! Like what the hell does that's mean?!" She sobs. I freeze, my heart beating faster at realising who she could be. "Ummm.... If you don't mind me asking, who is your dad? I might be able to help you!" I smile, encourangely . She sighs, rubbing her eyes. "Well... My real names Gabrielle. Gabrielle Pleasant" She sobs, I immediate curse, and start to hyperventilate. Holy shit! What do I do?? She glances up at me, hopeful. "Do you know him?!" She gasps. I cringe, covering my face. "First, do you know ghastly bespoke?" I ask, hoping she does so I can get some help. "Yeah! He's my uncle!" She grins, standing up. I sigh, thankful. "Right. We're going to go see him!" I chirp, grabbing my back. She frowns, checking her watch. "We still have 3hrs!" She frowns, but still picks up her bag. "Meh. I hate school!" I sigh, walking behind the buildings, gabby hot on my tail. I make sure no one can see us, before I take out my emergency cloaking sphere. I click it into place, covering gabby and me. I pull out my phone, dialling Ghastlys number. "Hey ghastly! Ummm I need your help..." I mutter, crossing my fingers. "Hey val! What's up? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He asks suspiciously. "I am, but someone very important is here... I need your help... Please pick us up, around the back?" I asked, hearing him sigh. "This better be important! I'm trying to hide from Erskine in a deadly game of hide and seek!" He laughs, sarcastically. I giggle, rolling my eyes. I could here Erskine whining in the background, because they had to pause the game.