41. All's Well that Ends Well

Trying to persuade Bonnie to take it easy, Martina placed her hands in front of her mouth to motion her to be quiet. It was a sign for the drama queen to restrain herself from becoming upset.

"Now, Bonnie, we just wanted Clyde to know that he is not a wimp. Please calm down before you lose control."

The blonde kept staring at Martina sternly. Bonnie wasn't the least interested to hear what the shrew had to say. From the first day they met, Martina was the least favorite of hers, even though she allowed the couple to ride with them. Bonnie knew there was something in the brunette that she didn't like, but didn't want to say anything to ruin their friendship.

Loose control my butt! I can do anything I please, little Miss Prissy!

It appeared that what Martina imagined wasn't going as she wanted as Bonnie stomped her feet.

Thud, Thud, Thud

"Don't play with me Marti. I know how you and Harley have been talking about us behind our backs. Clyde's not as buff as Roman, but he's still a man! My Man!" Bonnie was going berserk, while Martina facepalmed herself as she tried to keep herself from laughing."

And this simple argument is about a guy who simply can't stand up for himself? Geez, what does Clyde see in her?

She smirked as Martina nodded her head.

"Why are you smiling? Don't make this any more complicated than it already is, Marti."

"Calm down Bonnie. We're accepting Clyde as he is, but please don't boss him around. It's best for him to just let him be. Don't make him pretend to be somebody else."

With that comment, Bonnie walked closer to the stage where Martina sat, and started to swing her right hand to slap her nemesis, but Harley intervened by holding Bonnie's hand in the nick of time.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆

Walking inside the training room, with three young men following him holding gadgets, Garreth Lewis became appalled once he saw the three girls fighting like high school brats. Martina covered her face, while Bonnie's arm was being held down by Harley/

"Is there a problem going on here that I should know about? Really.Miss Wade, you disappoint me. I left you alone for thirty minutes in this room and chaos occurs. Should have left Rosie to settle this argument altogether."

The women were ashamed that the SPANA administrator saw them in such a fit. And as usual, Clyde slipped away without notice. Harley quickly thought of something to say because it appeared that the man they were arguing about didn't want to tackle this situation.

"No, Mr. Lewis. We were just practicing moves in case we would be attacked in Space."

Relieved that Harley spoke up, Martina let out a deep breath. Bonnie pretended that she wasn't in a shitty mood and sat far away from the brunette.

"Very well, if that's what really happened Miss Grendel, we shall move on. And where is your brother? He'll be missing out on the fun. Would you please get him."

Harley followed his orders as she nodded. She was going to wring Roman's neck for being late as she ran out of the training room.

Harley didn't have to go that far though as Roman was about to enter the walkway that led their room.

"Roman, where were you?" Harley asked while she pointed fingers at him. "Sorry, sis but can't a man have his privacy for a bit? For your information, I was in the restroom." Roman replied hoping his sister wouldn't say more. In truth, he had a long chat with the SPANA secretary who grew to like him.

"For fifteen minutes? I find that so hard to believe. You met a girl didn't you? I can see the twinkle in your eyes, bro. Don't mess with me, sister knows."

Damn Harley's good! Got caught without letting her know.

"Well, come now Roman, before we miss the lecture."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆

Once the siblings entered the room, the head administrator began his speech. "I would like to introduce you to Andrew, Darryl and Frank."

Surprised to hear the name Frank , Martina turned her head to view who this newcomer was.

That couldn't be Frankie ... my Frankie ... could it?

She squinted at the sight of the three men to determine if any of them looked familiar. Thankfully none weren't, but Martina kept her composure even though she was disappointed.

None of them had curly hair or had the intriguing smile that charmed Martina the first day she fell head over heels for the gigolo. All three men had red hair, dimples in their cheeks and only spoke when Mr. Lewis asked them to. Thinking that the three were artificial intelligence, Martina sighed.

However, with Harley watching her every move, jealousy found its way back again amongst the team.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆

"These friendly robots will be your trainers, and before you say something negative Miss Wade, let me assure you that each one is strong enough to prepare you for your journey to the new planet given if there are indeed aliens harboring there."

Garreth's comment caused everyone to turn their heads towards him.

What? Aliens??

Martina had a hunch that Mr. Lewis had something up his sleeves and this was it.

"We did not sign up to battle Aliens!"

Motioning her to be quiet, Garreth put his hands in front of him and placed them downwards.

"Please, settle down. I too, hope you don't meet any Miss Wade, but you never can be too sure. I will tell you all a secret that I need to get off my chest. If you all remember that you were told that as a cadet, I went on a Mars mission on the Odyssey spaceship. At that time, a pack of seeds fell out of my pocket and landed outside of the spacecraft. Now as it's been years since that tragedy, I'd assume those plants never blossomed without water, but you can never be too sure. That has been haunting me for years. And in every space exploration since then, I've been asking former astronauts if they have seen anything peculiar such as carnivorous plants. Luckily, no one has. But since you brave women and men are traveling to an unknown planet, I'm thinking this might be where the seeds landed."