17. Alien's Playground - Murdock

The Arrival

With his chin up and savory tooth showing, Murdock grinned. Running toward the greenery shrubs and to touch the pristine textures of the outer layering of trees with his paws, it cheered him up as he was cooped up during the lengthy journey. Murdock stretched his arms and legs, as he skipped freely within the grass as if it was his own garden on Pluto.

"I wish we had these on our planet, Xabiere. They feel so good!"

Murdock jumped on the grass that was still wet from the morning's dew. And even though he didn't have any toes, he soaked his feet within the turf and moved them all around.

Xabiere's eyebrows rose as he was intrigued with what his friend mentioned.

"They are called trees and shrubs, Murdock. And if Pluto wasn't so cold, they might be able to grow there. But sadly these beauties won't last long in our climate."

Murdock nodded as he understood that cold temperatures in Pluto aren't the best conditions for every living object. He once found a seedling that fell from the galaxy. He planted it in the ground and waited for it to grow. Everyday Murdock would care for it by giving the seedling enough space to move and water he could find around his planet, but sadly after a few weeks, the plant died. He later found out that it was missing sunshine and Pluto's distance away from those beams of light would never reach them.

"We have to get going if we want to catch the dumb humans at play, Dock. You can frolic on Earth all you want later." Xabiere ordered.

Disappointed, Murdock showed his displeasure by thrusting out his lips.

"You're no fun Xabiere! I just got here to see Mother Earth. Can't we just enjoy it for a little bit, please?"

His friend shook his head sideways.

"Look Murdock, if you want to see more of Mother Earth as you planned, without Fritz catching us, we have to leave NOW!"

Xabiere didn't mean to yell at Murdock, but the fat alien kept acting up like a hyperactive pluton on Titanium! He couldn't control himself. And Xabiere was rather worried if Fritz found out they went off course, all due to Murdock's request. He needed to emphasize that important detail in the end because Xabiere felt that the unreliable Plutonian leader and his guards were scheming up a secret plan just as they allowed his foolish sidekick to obtain the Apollyon, a destroyer.

But with all things aside, Xabiere did not want to reveal his theories to his partner, for he believed Murdock wouldn't be able to accept the truth.

"Fine, we leave. But let me hug this tree." Murdock replied

"Dock, it's not even alive, it's not even human!" Xabiere let out a chortle.

"You don't know that!" Murdock yelled. As he hugged the Maple tree, he emotionally bonded with it.

"I shall call you Olive after my late amma, " he whispered.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Plutonian Body Snatchers

The aliens carefully covered their spaceship with leaves and twigs they found lying in the fields, so it would blend with the scenery. In that way, they also figured it wouldn't be noticeable from afar. Thus, if someone were to steal it,  no one could find it.

The two flew over to the convenience store named Lucky 13 and held back doing their activities until the white truck parked.

Waiting for the last customer to leave the door open, Xabiere nudged Murdock to fly inside before the tall guy entered.

Pointing towards the human, Xabiere announced, " There Murdock, is your man. Bump into him. You see, when we enter people's bodies, we learn more about them. I think that Earthling's name is Roman from what I heard."