NINE

MEERAB'S POV

"Tum Maan kaise gayi, ye sochkar mujhe abhi bhi hairani hai"
( I'm still amazed at how you agreed.)

I looked at him, who was busy cross questioning me instead of focussing on the car.

"Koshish kar Rahi hu"
(I am trying)

"I mean isn't it weird that you have to make up your mind to even spend a little time with your husband" He fired back.

"You became my husband when I wasn't in a need, secondly I am just trying to give this marriage a chance. Fighting with you, blaming my fate or our families can never be a solution. And as of now we are married so let it be" I smirked at him.

"This zamaana is Zehreela, in which you are Sheera and precious like Heera" I looked at Murtasim who was totally in a good mood to be cheesy.

"Too cheesy" I laughed at him.

"Only for you, rich in delight, fat free, and full of extra cheese" He chuckled looking at me.

For a moment I looked at his smiling face, there was a serenity in his eyes and solace in his smile

For a moment I looked at his smiling face, there was a serenity in his eyes and solace in his smile. We might have met in a very different and odd circumstances, he might have married me forcefully but inspite of all this he didn't degrade me or this nikaah in any manner. Since the day I came in his life he did things which were in  his hands according to me, he didn't force him on me, he was trying probably and what will it even cost me if I should give him a chance. Give this a try, either ways I am married to him. Where will I go ? Even if I leave him ? I don't want to be a bad name in front of my parents, the family is new. But even if I had married anyone else the situation would have been the same. I would have to adjust. Meerab is self sufficient and confident but she isn't someone who finds way to seek revenge for any thing. Because it's not her.

"I think we should give it, our marriage and us a try" I whispered to myself.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"His walks in the village takes so much of time, it's already more than one hour" while he left me here in this car, I was mentally cursing Murtasim for leaving me alone. While I was busy relishing the juicy imarti.

.
.

"I hope I wasn't that late"

I looked behind to find Murtasim back in the car adjusting his seat belt

"Too late" I made a bad face.

"Uggghhh,,,,Meerab you ruined the whole car and seats" I heard him shriek.

"What did I do " I looked at him with a surprised look on my face

"You have thrown the wrapper of imarti here and there, the glass of sugarcane juice is lying crumpled , and the samosa packet is hanging out loose from the back seat. Are you a kid or what?" He was shouting on top of his lungs