SEVEN

MEERAB'S POV

"You are the new Bahu ( New daughter in law) in the house and we expect you to make breakfast for today" I just stared at Maa begum who was busy ordering me about the duties of a new bride.

"Is there any special menu for today?" I inquired.

"No, it's up to you. But obviously it should be tasty. I don't like even a little mistake when food is made. Neither a chunk of extra sugar nor even a little pinch of salt" Maa begum looked at me.

"I totally get you" I replied pouting.

"So hurry up and move to the kitchen" She smiled at me.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Fed up so soon...."

I heard someone behind. Turning around only to find hareem, standing behind me. Who else could come and bicker around about everything that doesn't even trouble them

"It seems like that to you only!" I rolled my eyes, stirring the khoya.

"By the way in spite of everything you do, you already know that He is mine" She gritted her teeth.

"I think repeating the same statement twice or thrice won't make any difference. We are already bound in the holy vows of nikaah. So you better know who he belongs to!" I smirked at her.

"You know what Meerab, I have been living with him since childhood and as much as I know him. He is a womanizer and nothing more. Having interest in girls and randomly using them is what he is doing since long. But I don't think he ever thought about any of them genuinely" She looked at me with those big eyes.

"Ahahah...okay! Now I get it. Fine...so you just admitted that you love a womanizer. Cool..!" I laughed.

"Shut the fuck up" She hissed.

"Muh thik karlo ekdum zeher lagta hai tumhara shakal"

( Correct your face, your face seems like poison )

And the very next moment she was moving out of the kitchen to which I shouted from inside.

"You are cordially invited at my valima" (Reception)

.
.
.

Does it even matter how important this reception is for me I don't think. A place which I don't consider as mine. A husband I don't like, what else do I need to remind myself again and again that I don't belong here. Unnecessary hate from people like Hareem, I am not in love with her ideal man. I mean how much will all this be complicated. Murtasim isn't my type and even if he was, will my heart ever accept him.

The reception party was planned to be a grand disclaimer of the begum who have just arrived in the Khan Haveli. It was the moment of pure joy for the Haveli people. People who have always loved enjoying these haveli functions were accustomed to all this noise, drums, sweets, feast and everything. But people like her who hardly had a big birthday celebration at her home were some where scared. How will I face all this? So many people are just coming to see me? Ohh my god!

It was all new and I am not habitual to all these celebrations. How will I cope with all this? Decoration, crowd..pomp and zeal. Maa begum has ordered me to dress up in a saree. And I don't really know how to wear it properly. Ammi isn't here, or else she would have been my great help. Oh god ! What we are even without our family. My ammi, my abbu...my peace and my home. I don't have anything over here and life feels so suffocating. Having everything and no loved ones...what is this life even called..?!

AUTHOR's POV

Murtasim was all set, afterall it was his grand reception party. The whole village was invited and he had given a proper invitation to Meerab's parents to come and give blessings to them on the special occassion. His competitors will again be jealous of him, as he was throwing the most lavish and grand reception. While his biwi got that Chand sa Noor. Thinking about all the happiness and joy around he was in a happy mood today.