THREE

MEERAB'S POV

"Bisma but I don't want to marry him...do you think nikaah is a joke?" I crossed my arms in frustration. It was another day of mine at the college, and it was becoming difficult making my own best friend understand that I didn't wish to marry any man, who just throws money on face and claims his dominance over any girl he says he is in love with.

"I never said nikaah is a joke!" Bisma slurped on her juice while taking a big bite of the bread pakora.

"But, still you say I am wrong when I say I don't want to marry Murtasim! Why?" I looked at her.

"Because he is an influential man, you can't win against him. And what's bad, he is rich, he is hot and has his own devilish and angelic sides..you' re getting a package meeru...think about it for once" Bisma's eyes had some different glee at that moment.

"No bisma, this is not a reason to do nikaah with anyone. I won't marry him for that reason. Being able to find someone you click with so naturally, is the best feeling ever. You feel like you've been best friends your whole life. It feels like you're coming home. You're so comfortable with them. Maybe that's what a soulmate is. Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home. And Murtasim is nothing as I had ever imagined in my wildest dreams or the prettiest fantasies. He is a devil who wants to conquer me." I replied. The words were harsh but I can't tell people how much I was hating it to have known him.

"But then as anarkali you were looking beautiful enough for him to loose his heart" Bisma pulled my cheeks.

"Kuch bhi" (Like anything) Meerab made a sour expression.

.
.
.
.
.

Life sucks!

Day by day it's getting difficult. The people who were behind me because of the news they heard about my marriage with Murtasim have made our life living hell the day they got to know, that I went to his place. They say I have dropped hints to them about my links with Murtasim even without any proof. That I am an unmarried girl who went to the mansion of the Khan's. Which is difficult for a common man, but because I can easily go in and spend time with them. It definitely means that surely I am going to have some alliances with the most powerful family in the village.

Some were jealous and they continued mocking me saying, I am no one  and nothing compared to the Khan beauties, the people in my village were doubting  me as some gold digger. My parents were sad, I had to face all the humiliation and the only reason, Murtasim.

If you think I will love you, I will never.

.
.
.
.
.

Happy Birthday!

Yes... today is my birthday which has to be the best because birthdays are meant to be special. And the best part about today is that I woke up to seeing my parents happy faces. They had brought a beautiful dress for me, my bed was covered with balloons and the small table at the corner had a cute small dryfruit cake baked by my lovely ammi.

"I love you both so much" I cried and hugged my loving parents. Who have still not given up on me, on them on our situation. We three were  just trying hard enough to seek courage and win over all the hurdles life was throwing our way.

.
.

Time skip
.
.

It took me a little bit of time to dressup all completely. But Birthday is the only day I feel like dressing up this nicely. I parted my hair, wore my favourite long silver earrings, dressed myself in the pretty pink dress..wore a white coat giving it a beautiful look, decorating my fingers with beautiful rings, while a shiny pink gloss gave my lips the perfect shape.