"This is where you'll be staying until we can get another bed. Is that alright?" Zuko asked. When he saw your dark expression, a look of concern appeared on his face. "Zuko... Do you want to know what happened to your mother?"

He stood, frozen with shock. His eyes narrowed as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you into the room and shut the door. The two of you sat across from one another, able to see each other's faces.

"Y/N." Zuko stated directly into your eyes. "Do you... Seriously know what happened to my mother?"

You nodded, "We ran away from the palace on the same day. She was with me when I left the Fire Nation."

Zuko placed his hands on his forehead, taking a deep breath and exhaling. "Please, tell me."

Your gaze shifted to the flooring before you shut your eyes. "It was a few days after you guys got news about Iroh's Siege at Ba Sing Se. Firelord Ozai was speaking with Azulon about being the heir to the throne, but things took a turn for the worst when Azulon ordered Ozai to... To kill you."

Zuko let out a shaky sigh. You held his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, trying to comfort him. "Should I continue?" You asked. You were always there to comfort him. He gave you a nod, so you proceeded to tell the rest of the events that went down.

"We left the palace, and an elderly woman named Saiyaka was there with a boat. That's when I left that paper butterfly on the docks... and when Ursa and I went our separate ways."

"Saiyaka wouldn't let anything bad happen to Ursa. I'm sure of it. If anyone knows where your mother is, it's her. All I can tell you is that... Ursa is definitely alive somewhere."

Zuko began to shake. "She's..."
He turned his head, gazing at you with a look of shock, anguish, and hope all mixed into one.
"She's... alive?"

A smile appeared on your face. "She's alive, Zuko."

You got a strange feeling in your chest. "...And I know that somehow, we're going to find her."

"Please, promise me that you won't ever disappear like that again." Zuko muttered. "I promise. Now you have to promise me... That if we somehow get separated, we'll always find our way back to each other." You hummed.

Zuko gave you a small, soft smile.
"I promise."

√|•|§€=°––<<《–––》>>––°=€§|•|√

Sometime in the early morning, you all went to Pao's Family Tea House so that you could start working as an employee.

You knocked a rhythm on the door, awaiting Pao's arrival. After a few minutes, the door swung open."Why, hello, ma'am! What brings you here?" Pao asked, peeping his head out from behind the door.

"If it's alright, could I work-" Before you could finish your sentence, Pao pulled you into the tea shop, ran to the back of it, and handed you an apron. With a large grin on his face, he said, "You're hired!"

Confused, yet pretty happy with the easy application process, you smiled.
"N o i c e."

Iroh and Zuko entered the building, both surprised to see you in uniform. "He just let you in? Just like that?" Zuko questioned, raising an eyebrow. You nodded.

Zuko's eyes widened as he placed a hand on his forehead. "How bankrupt is he?"

–—————————————————

It was decided that you would be a waitress, take orders, and try to bring in more customers, as Iroh's tea techniques  a legendary art, hard for a mere plebian to achieve.