Lanterns

You exited the tea shop, dodging puddles of water and trying to stay in the vicinity of the streetlights. "Why did you come here in the first place? Not that I'm upset or anything, but it's a pretty crazy coincidence." Zuko asked.

"Uhh, it's a pretty long story. I kind of had to enter a sacred tomb of knowledge, walk through a desert, and roam the streets of this city with no place to stay because the people in charge have a serious distaste for being corrected."

Zuko paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. "That's rough, buddy."

You gave him a look.
"What? I'm trying to sympathize with you!" He scoffed. "You really spent thirty seconds lost in thought, just to say 'that's rough, buddy'?" You chuckled. "Well, I didn't want to say anything that'd make you feel sad..." Zuko muttered.

You looked at him in surprise. Your gaze softened and a gentle smile appeared on your face. "Y'know, I'm not sure I can keep calling you pricko if you keep being so considerate."
"Don't worry, I'll always call you a gremlin."

You grimaced and gave him the stink eye. "It's true though, isn't it?" Zuko chuckled. "I take back everything I said just now."

√|•|§€=°––<<《–––》>>––°=€§|•|√

Soon enough, you made it to Iroh and Zuko's place. There were some small potted plants in the corners of the room, and several lanterns hung throughout it. You also noticed quite a few instruments to make tea with.

"Ahh, what a long day it's been. Perhaps I should prepare a cup of tea." Iroh hummed. "Uncle, are you serious? We just came back from the tea shop!" Zuko grunted, staring at his uncle with a look of disbelief.

"I see you still do not understand. You see, there is no such thing as too much tea." Iroh stated, adding emphasis to his words by waving his index finger. "Wouldn't you agree, Y/N?"

You giggled and nodded. "Truly inconceivable. Too much tea? How ridiculous!" Zuko furrowed his eyebrows angrily, "Don't encourage him, Y/N! If I smell the scent of tea one more time, I swear I'll go insane!"

"Don't be such a downer. Come on, you're probably tired from all that work. Where are the rooms?"

While Zuko was giving you a tour of the place, you began to zone out.

Back on the docks...

Saiyaka... She had a boat.

She gave you and Ursa a sad nod. "Go, blessed one. You must go on your own." Saiyaka set the boat upon the water and Ursa sat you inside of it. Squeezing your hands, Ursa let out a soft sigh. "Please, be safe, little one." You gave her a hug. "You too, Ms. Zuko's mother." She let out a soft chuckle. Saiyaka took a necklace out of her pocket and placed it around your neck.

You placed a hand on your double cresent necklace, glancing at the ground. Zuko probably doesn't know anything about what happened on that night.

You glanced back up at him. Should you... Tell him?

You bit your lip.
How would he react?
What if he believes you're the reason Ursa disappeared?

No... Zuko wouldn't do that.
You recalled Toph's words.

"You like that person a lot, right? Then you gotta take the risk."

Right. He should definitely know what occured. It's probably been hurting him for a long time now... You, at least, knew the truth of what happened to your mother. You could move forward. But Zuko...