Don't Go Yet

Chapter 5: Don't Go Yet

Summary: Amelia picks Olivia up at school, surprising her with Michelle before heading back home. Jake stays the night, unbeknownst to the little girl, causing her to come running toward her aunt's room to fill her in.

For the next few days, Amelia ignored the issue, not wanting to talk about it at all. But she wasn't exactly denying anything, either. However, she followed through with Addison's advice not to fly to Seattle to pick up Olivia. Even though Derek had just had her, he asked if he could have her back for his birthday. Addison couldn't say no to that, so she sent Olivia to Seattle for the weekend. Amelia was supposed to fly down on Sunday to see Derek and come back with Olivia, but Addison didn't want her flying.

So, Addison went to the airport herself, with Jake in tow, to pick up Olivia.

"Mommy! Dr. Jake!" Olivia yelled, running to them while her trusted flight attendant walked just a few steps behind her.

"Hi, baby!" Addison scooped her up.

"We missed you," Addison told her.

"I missed you guys too! Lots and lots!" Olivia informed them.

Why don't you tell Dr. Jake all about your trip while I call Daddy?" Addison suggested.

Olivia happily agreed and talked Jake's ear off as the three of them made their way out of the airport. Addison stayed on the phone as they walked; she wasn't one to hang around airports. A trait she learned from Bizzy, who never wanted to stay any longer than they needed to in places like airports.

Addison watched as Jake took over, buckling Olivia into her seat, even laughing as she complained about it trapping her. Jake just seamlessly entered their lives in a way no one had before.

The three made their way back home while Olivia, per usual, filled the car ride with her voice, telling them everything she did on her most recent trip.

Once they got inside, Olivia immediately zeroed in on her aunt in the living room and launched herself at her Auntie Amelia.

"Lia!" Olivia exclaimed.

"Olivia! Be careful. She's not feeling well," Addison warned, sighing in relief after seeing her girl stop dead in her tracks and looking confused.

"It's okay, Livvy, come here. Just don't jump on me," Amelia said reassuringly, as she reached for the girl.

She missed her niece and felt terrible about not being able to go pick her up like she initially promised, but that was before things happened, and she felt awful so listening to Addison when she had told her not to go became more of a blessing.

"We picked up dinner on the way home; Thai food. We got some for you," Jake said.

"Thanks," Amelia said as Jake moved to dish out dinner for everyone.

Amelia pushed around much of her food before deciding she wasn't hungry and headed off to bed early, much to the disappointment of Olivia, who wanted to hang out with her aunt.

"Hey, I'll pick you up from school tomorrow," Amelia offered.

"I think I heard a little birdy say they missed you," Amelia added.

"What birdy?" Olivia asked, confused.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see," Amelia teased, heading upstairs.

The next day, as promised, Amelia went to pick up Olivia from school. She wasn't one to break her promises to the kid if she could help it.