P.D.A

Chapter 12

Summary: Olivia returns from Seattle after spending some time with her dad with Sloan, Mark's daughter, who meets Jake and Angela for the first time. Meanwhile, Addison worries about Amelia and how she's dealing with her pregnancy.

"How many cups is that this morning?" Addison asked without looking up, knowing Amelia entered her office with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Just one...," Amelia trailed off guiltily.

"Amelia...," Addison warned.

"I can't live without caffeine, okay? It's the only thing that gets me through the day. I'm not your kid that can just take a nap because she's cranky," Amelia said.

"If you're feeling that bad Ames, take some time off. I thought we agreed you'd do that, anyway," Addison offered.

"I don't have a trust fund to fall back on Addie," Amelia joked.

"Yeah, well, you have me. Don't stress yourself out about money, Amelia, I can help you if you need me to," Addison said, standing up to walk over to her.

"Addie, I can't. I can push through it. Just don't judge my caffeine intake," Amelia said.

"Well, if I can't get you to take my money, at least spend some of your time with Michelle. Before she's gone," Addison said softly.

"Or try doing half days for a while. And no surgeries," Addison suggested, wanting to help her sister.

"I don't know," Amelia said quietly while drinking her coffee. She felt horrible most days, but she pushed through it.

"Just think about it, okay?" Addison asked softly.

Amelia nodded, deep in thought. A part of her wanted to accept Addison's offer, but the other said she needed to push through to show herself and everyone else around her that she wasn't weak.

"Either that or one cup a day. For the baby," Addison added jokingly.

"I can't survive on one cup a day; I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open if I did that," Amelia said, ignoring the fact that Addison used the word baby.

"Then take my offer," Addison said.

"Your doctor would probably recommend the same thing. In fact, as a doctor, I'm recommending you drink no more than one cup of coffee a day for the rest of this pregnancy," Addison said.

"Addie, you might be a doctor, but you're not my doctor," Amelia pointed out.

"Yes, but it's not like you have an OB right now. Plus, I'm one of the best doctors in the country offering you free medical advice, so I'd call myself lucky if I were you," Addison joked, thinking back to that time that Sheldon billed her for all those elevator meetings.

"Sure. If you say so, Addie," Amelia cracked a smile.

"You can always tell Jake all of this, and I'm sure he'd say the same thing," Addison commented.

"He'd only say that because he wants to get in your pants," Amelia joked.

"I think we're long past that stage," Addison joked right back.

"Remember to use protection!" Amelia sang out, leaving the office.

Addison shook her head before she got ready to see a patient. Amelia was definitely something.

Jake made his way into Addison's office for lunch, pausing when he saw her clearly on the phone.

"And guess what, Mommy?" Olivia asked excitedly. He could hear Olivia say on the other end of the call.