Chapter 19 - Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

“Who’s this?” Larry asked, looking at the little girl on Octavius' hip, she had wavy brown hair and emerald eyes, she was mixed and clung tightly to Octavius’ neck. 

“This gigantor is mine and Octo’s beautiful daughter Flora, she is named after Octo’s daughter, a blossom in a sense” Jed was quick to answer wrapping an arm around Octavius’ waist. 

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you, I am Larry otherwise known as gigantor to your parents” Larry introduced himself, Flora barely blinked at him before she turned to look at Octavius who watched her curiously before he put her down. She was tiny, barely even three, she clung to his leg peeking around it only to smile when a lioness came over to her and allowed her to pet it. With a glance at Octavius, who nodded, she climbed onto the lioness which carried her to the snuggle pile of animals where she babbled to herself. 

“She’s beautiful,” Sac softly said, welcoming the two into a hug. 

“She is indeed” Jed said back with a grin, he tightened his grip on Octavius waist, the roman having not said a word had the others frowning, “He’s exhausted, his throat is kind of sore so don’t blame him for not speaking. Also, he’s mama and I’m papa…ow…do you have to hit so hard?” Jed whined at Octavius who slapped up his head. 

“Well I did warn you about being too far away from the tablet” A familiar tone had all heads turning to see Ahkmenrah walking hand in hand towards them all, Nick was grinning beside him while a beautiful Siberian husky followed the two of them into the museum. Lancelot shut the door behind them. 

“This is Zeus, don’t even ask” Nick introduced the dog and gave Lancelot and his dad a pointed look about the name. Ahk just grinned, pulling Octavius into a hug. The roman barely lifted his arms as he hugged back. 

“Let’s get this party started!” Jed whooped loudly scaring the children slightly which had him whacked on the arm but soon enough the music was on and the children were dancing challenging their parents. Jed was swaying with Flora who giggled at her papa. Nick grinned passing out drinks while catching up with the egyptian family who soon found out Nick had dropped the question and Ahk had said yes, Larry could only watch Kahmunrah threaten his son which he didn’t mind knowing Nick could take the threats like the strong man he was.

“Hey, where did Ahk and Octavius go?” Sac asked only for a light of gold to spring through the museum filling it with more light. All heads turned to the top of the stairs where Ahk and Octavius appeared, both of them looked more awake than beforehand. Octavius bowed slightly in respect at Ahk who rolled his eyes. 

“Dare we ask where you two went?” Kahmunrah asked in a teasing tone, Layla whacked his arm while hiding a giggle. 

“We regenerated the magic in the museum” Ahk bluntly said with a wicked grin on his face as he allowed Nick to direct him to the dancefloor. Octavius never said a word but did accept Jed’s hand as the two picked up their daughter and disappeared off to the hall of miniatures to say their hellos and goodbyes for the time being. Kah actually looked astonished at his brothers/sons tone. 

“Ahk?” 

“Hmmm?” 

“I love you” 

“I know” 

“Ahk?” 

“I love you too Nick, now let’s go watch Atalune set the night sky with the stars” Ahk whispered. 

“As you wish my king” 

Ahk only rolled his eyes leading the way to the roof, he borrowed Nick’s coat to stay warm as the two soon found themselves sitting against a heater vent with Nick’s back to it and Ahk in his arms leaning into his chest. Both of their eyes were only on one picture, the moon and stars. Atalune the god was probably looking down at them and the two couldn’t be more thankful for him keeping the brother’s promise, one made out of love, hope and care. For once, all of them were happy and it was only due to two sacrifices of the heart that came from a promise made by one of the brother’s of an ancient throne. That promise made by King Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth kings, a prince who had been originally stabbed to death, was now the new hope in the eyes of former museum exhibits and three individuals who found love in the museum. One of them is now closer to the heart of the museum by the engagement of their soon to be wedding. Nick could only grin, turning Ahk’s face to his own. 

“Thank you Ahk” 

“No thank you Nick, without your love. I wouldn’t have been able to make my decisions…mmph” 

Ahk never finished that sentence as the one he loved, lingered over in his vision and pulled him close into the kiss of a lifetime. While the museum buzzed around them, two lovers got lost in each other’s hearts and this was only able to happen because of a brother’s promise. 

The End…

Mega apologies for the delay! But here we go, the final chapter! I hope you all enjoyed this book and I want to thank everyone/anyone who read this book - I didn't think it was going to go as far as it went.
So thank you very much - all reads/comments/votes have been much appreciated!

Please feel free to leave a comment below! Any thoughts on the book is what helps with writing.

I don't know if there will be another book on NATM but we will see.
Thank you for sticking with me on this long journey but I can definitely say this book is over! :)