Chapter 5: Part 1

2 years ago.

I was waiting by a tree in our neighborhood park. The trees had just started to shed their leaves, covering the area in orange, brown and red leaves. The note left in my locker told me to meet them by the kissing tree after school. This tree was one of a few trees used around here for teenage hook ups, but when you've never been here before, you just pick the biggest tree and hope for the best.

A crunchy noise approaching from behind me drew my attention. The shuffling of the foot steps in the leaves alerted me they were looking for something, pacing back and forth in this area. I backed up into the tree, trying to keep out of sight.

"Cadence?" Someone lowly yelled.

I had recognized that voice. It was Kelly was English class. He was also on the baseball team, and ran track. Sorta kinda popular, but more just apart of the group. He was also a grade above me but he took my class because he failed it before.

"Kelly?" I answered back, peeking my head around.

He peeked around the tree, coming into full view. He was still in his school uniform, with an athletics bag on his shoulder. He walked around, meeting me full on.

"So you got my note?" He said as he put his bag down.

"You put it in my locker?" I asked. I was surprised. We never really talked in class and I only ever said something when he asked for help.

"Yeah, I wanted to....talk to you. And I heard today was your birthday, so I also had a gift." He said, looking down at his feet, making eye contact with me shyly.

"What kinda gift?" I asked.

"A kiss."

I was too stunned to speak. My cheeks started to turn red and my stomach began a game of knots. He wanted to kiss me? That was my birthday gift?

My first kiss?

He was cute and he seemed really cool. I couldn't believe that he wanted to kiss me? Something unusual but it works, and I was the main character? This was truly something out of a sitcom, all we needed was a crowd noises for the young teenage romance.

"Is that alright with you?" He asked, taking a step forward.

I nodded my head yes, ignoring the thumping heartbeat playing in my ear. I took a step forward, deciding I was gonna meet him half way. He grabbed my right hand, making a feeling of electricity surge through my body. I had never felt like this before. This was something new. Something I didn't know I needed to experience.

He looked me in the eye and dove in for the kiss.

Time stopped in its tracks, allowing me to take the full moment of this in. It felt like a dream, like I was floating through the stars of heaven. The wind started to pick up around us, blowing leaves around our feet. The feeling of the environment felt alot more dense, like something was in the air. My body started to slightly shake, the rush of teenage hormones making me feel alive. Things started to play in my mind that I had not seen before, but somehow it was familiar to me.

Nothing.

Explosion

Adam and Eve

Holding Hands.

Children.

Children.

Children.

The sudden rush of the kiss also made me feel strange in a way. Something was wrong.

Something was off.

I broke away from the kiss, opening my eye. Light glowed off of me like an aura, giving me a rather holy appearance. I looked at my hands, scanning my body up and down. What was this? What was happening to me?

"Oh my god, your eyes are.." we're the last words Kelly ever said before he exploded into a puddle of gunk, spraying my hands, chest, and legs with his blood.