Twenty One

third pov :: baek eunju & park sunghoon

It had been two weeks since the students of Cheongsan High School found out about the trip they were being treated to, and now there were four days until they would go.

"Now, have you got everything you need?" Eunju's mother asked, looking over at her daughter and away from the written list that was in her hand.

"Yes." Eunju nodded and sat herself down beside her suitcase, that laid on her bed. "You know, I still don't get why I have to pack now. There's still four days until I leave."

"Like my mother always said, it's better to be safe than sorry. Packing now will give you the chance to remember things you've forgotten." Her mother explained with a shrug and a slight grin.

"Right then," The older women placed her hands on her hips. "I best be getting to be. I have an early shift tomorrow morning, so I need you to look after Iseul and Chaeyoung for me."

Eunju nodded her head, letting out a sigh and standing from her bed.

"Goodnight, mum." She warmly smiled, before her mother left her room, leaving her to clean up the clothes on the floor that were part of potential outfits.

Once the girl had cleaned her room, the clock struck seven pm. The summer sun was just about setting, and Eunju couldn't help but feel sweaty.

She'd been sorting through stuff for a good few hours and then cleaned her room for another hour or so, and now, she was in desperate need for a shower.

It was the loud knock at the front door that caused Eunju to stop brushing her damp hair.

Her brows furrowed as she set down the brush and stood from her desk. Was she expecting someone? A delivery? At this time of night?

A sense of worry was evident in the pit of Eunju's stomach as she unlocked the door. She had no idea what or who to expect.

Though, the worry she felt about answering the door quickly shifted to worrying about someone instead — That someone being Park Sunghoon.

Eunju's eyes widened in horror at the sight of him. There was an angry red bruise forming above his left eyebrow, and a even darker one on his left cheekbone. His face was decorated with multiple small gashes; one on his nose bridge, another on his bottom lip, and one on his right eyebrow. It was obvious his nose had been bleeding due to the dried up blood that was still on his face, and his eyes were glossed over with tears that were threatening to spill.