One

third pov :: baek eunju

"Goodbye!" Eunju yelled to her mother and waved as she hurried out of her house.

The summer sun rayed down onto Eunju as she rushed through the gates of Cheongsan High School. The clock had just struck 8:15am, meaning Eunju was late to her first lesson.

Once arriving at her class, she quietly slid open the door and politely bowed and apologized to her maths teacher, Mrs Han, before silently making her way to her seat.

Her best friend Kyungmi, had her head down on the desk and her eyes shut tight and she let out quiet snores. It was usual for Kyungmi to be sleeping this early in the morning, so Eunju let her be and began taking notes.

"Baek Eunju," Mrs Han calls out to her. "You can make up for being late by answering the question on the chalk board with Choi Sarang and Lee Heeseung."

Eunju's eyes immediately widened and she could feel her heart beat increase at the thought of go up in front of the whole class and answering a maths question — and she would have to do it with her long time crush beside her.

Eunju hesitantly stood from her seat and made her way to the front. She picked up a piece of chalk before reading the question over and over again.

Work out the square root of 486 and then cube it, show your workings

She anxiously bit down on her bottom lip as she began to regret not paying attention in maths and then allowed her eyes to glance over to Heeseung's side and saw that he was half way through his workings.

Just as Eunju was about to attempt to copy Heeseung's answers, a chuckle was heard followed by a 'The question is so easy.', causing Eunju's face to go a soft shade of red with embarrassment.

"Park Sunghoon," Mrs Han calls out. "Just because you find it easy, doesn't mean every student will. It also doesn't give you the right to laugh when someone is struggling."

Park Sunghoon — A stubborn boy that would rather be on his own than with anyone else — and also Lee Heeseung's best friend. Sunghoon was popular amongst the students. He had the 'Ice Prince' visuals and a cold personality, where he didn't care for anyone other than his twin sister, Park Insoo. Sunghoon was smart even though he slacked off at school often. He was apart of the basketball team and won all of the girls' hearts with a simple bounce of a ball. Even though Park Sunghoon was very popular around school, he preferred being by himself. He would rather listen to music and draw in his notebook than be the center of attention — Though he did know how to get on someone's nerves despite his 'calming' and introverted personality.

"Sunghoon swap places with Eunju." The teacher instructed, and the young girl felt a wave of relief overcome her body as she smiled at Sunghoon, who was now heading towards her with his usual icy glare.

Eunju handed him the chalk, their fingers brushing together ever so slightly, and she headed back to her seat.

Just as Eunju got comfortable in the wooden chair, Sunghoon was already walking back to his place, having completed the question already.

Eunju felt her jaw drop slightly at his quickness and her shoulders slumped in defeat.

The gloating smirk on Sunghoon's lips remained as the two made eye contact and he sent her a smug wink before sitting himself down and resting his head on his arms to then fall asleep.

Eunju huffed and looked away from the slender boy and back to the front, where she then couldn't help but notice the flirty giggles being shared between Heeseung and Sarang.

The Baek girl leaned forward and rested her head in her palm as the feeling of jealousy took over the feeling of annoyance.

Why couldn't he just look at me?

☆★