Sixteen

third pov :: baek eunju

Sunghoon
on our way.
Seen 2:51pm

Baek Eunju's eyes widened widely as Sunghoon's messaged appeared on her phone. The time she'd been dreading most was nearing, and now she was left hurrying around as she tied the laces to her high top converse.

She checked herself for the hundredth time in the mirror to make sure everything looked okay, before letting out a breath to try and calm her nerves.

She felt like her heart was in her throat and a swarm of butterflies had broken out from their cocoon and were learning how to use their wings in her stomach.

Quickly, picking up her bag that contained her bathers, she left her bedroom with the clothes she'd once tried on (and hated) on the floor and headed downstairs.

She heard a car pull up outside and she instantly clenched her fists, before opening the front door after biding her goodbyes to her family.

"Eunju!" Insoo grinned widely as she opened the passenger car door and stepped out, rushing over to the girl. "You look so pretty."

"Thank you." Eunju smiled gratefully, her cheeks blushing. "You look pretty as usual."

Insoo beamed, grabbing onto Eunju's hand and taking her over to the car, where it seemed to be full to the brim inside.

In the back, by the left window, sat Sarang with a glare of annoyance in her eyes as she stared out of the window. Beside her in the middle, was Jake Sim, who sent Eunju a thin lipped smile. Next to him was Park Sunghoon, who had been watching Eunju since she came out of her front door, waiting to see her next move with a lump in his throat as he knew what was about to happen.

In the front was an empty seat, Eunju taking a wild guess, and guessing that, that was where Insoo was sat, and driving, was none other than Lee Heeseung himself.

The two shared prolonged eye contact, as Eunju's breath hitched and she instantly looked away from him and back to Insoo as realization struck her like a bolt of lightning.

Where was she going to sit?

"About that," Insoo sighed. "Jake decided to be an inconvenience and ask for a ride as his dad had a last minute job come up, so, we thought you would be okay with sitting on Sunghoon's lap?" She hesitantly asked, and Eunju's eyes widened like saucers.

Sit on Park Sunghoon's lap? What?

There was no way she was about to do that.