Nineteen

third pov :: park sunghoon

A tired yawn passed Park Sunghoon's lips as his eyes focused on the clock on the wall of the convenience store.

10pm.

Thirty more minutes until his long, seven hour shift would come to an end.

It was a Sunday, so the shop had been quite quiet and Sunghoon would usually enjoy the piece and quiet the building held when he'd sit behind the counter, scrolling through his phone — But this evening was different.

The Park boy couldn't enjoy any sort of silence due to the new employee that had been hired. They were constantly dropping items as they restocked the shelves and Sunghoon couldn't help but wonder if they'd rubbed a block of butter on their hands before arriving.

An annoyed sigh escaped his lips as he pushed out of his chair once hearing multiple things crash to the floor. His eyes flared as he headed to where they were and instantly came to a stop once seeing glasses of milk smashed on the floor.

Anger immediately welled up in the boys chest as his eyes watched the milk run across the floor.

Something Sunghoon had always hated was mess. Everything he owned had to be clean and neatly put, so witnessing the broken glass and white liquid on the ground wasn't going down well for him.

"I'm so sorry." Jang Haneul quickly apologized once seeing the irritation on the taller boys face and instantly kneeled down to pick up the shards of glass.

"Don't." He spoke in a monotone, his jaw clenched slightly and coldness evident in his brown eyes.

The girl stopped her movement and slowly raised her head to look up at him with her brows furrowed and mouth held open an inch.

"Go sit at the desk." He instructed. "I can clean your mess." Sunghoon stated and not long after his words had processed in the girls head, she was back up on her feet and hurrying over to the cash register; apologies running off her tongue.

A long sigh left Sunghoon's mouth as he soon got out a mop and bucket of clean water, before he picked up the glass and shoved it in a trash bag.

"Can she do nothing right?" He whispered to himself as he began to mop the floor.

The sound of the bell above the front door rang throughout the shop, though the boy dismissed any concern, assuming if anything happened, Haneul would have it covered.

However, once he came to a finish on cleaning, his name was called out by the new employee. The sound of her voice quickly made him roll his eyes and so he picked up the bucket and mop and made his way around to the front of the shop.