Two

third pov :: baek eunju

It was the next day, and Eunju and Kyungmi were sitting outside, enjoying the break they had from lessons.

The usual summer weather was shining down onto them as Kyungmi had her head in a textbook and Eunju listened to the tunes in her headphones.

"I'm so fed up of my mother not giving me attention." Kyungmi huffed out in annoyance, breaking the calming silence. "All she cares about is her work and my younger sister, and I just feel like a piece of dust on the top shelf that nobody can reach, so they just decide to ignore it."

Eunju removed one of her earphones to listen to her friends ranting, and she nodded. "Think on the bright side — Your mum is working to provide for you and your sister. She must be tired after a long day of earning money. Without her working, you probably wouldn't have much."

"But I'd have her attention—"

Kyungmi was abruptly cut short when one of the girls in their year group approached them.

"Is it okay if I sit with you guys?" Lee Miyeon politely asked.

Lee Miyeon — One of the kindest girls in the entire school. She always wore a smile on her face and made sure everyone felt welcomed. She had many friends, but never stuck with one friend group. She'd much rather mix up her social groups than stick with one — That being the reason why she knew gossip about everyone.

Eunju smiled widely at Miyeon and nodded her head and made space for Miyeon to have a place to sit on the bench the two girls were originally sat on.

Miyeon let out a relaxed sigh as she opened her container of food and began to eat what was inside.

The three girls sat in a comfortable silence, doing their own things to pass the time.

After a short while, Eunju watched as Heeseung walked out of the school building and made his way to the basketball court the school had. Beside him was Jake Sim — one of his close friends — and Nishimura Riki — another one of his close friends from a few year groups below.

The Baek girls breath got caught in her throat as the white haired boy looked in her direction. She immediately sat up straight and smiled — but it soon vanished when she noticed Miyeon waving to Heeseung and him quickly waving back.

"You're friends with Lee Heeseung?" Eunju questioned, her shoulders slumping.

Of course Lee Miyeon was. She was friends with everyone.

"Yes." Miyeon bobbed her head, placing a spoonful of rice in her mouth. "And you like him."

Eunju's eyes instantly widened at the brown haired girl's statement, and she felt herself almost choke on her tongue. "What? What makes you think that?"

Miyeon shrugged, "You make it so obvious that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else knew. You don't do a good job at hiding your staring by the way — it's a little creepy." The girl jokingly chuckled.

Though, Eunju didn't find it funny at all. Many questions filled her head as she anxiously bit down on her lip. If everyone else knew, who was to say that Heeseung himself didn't know?

"Well then why hasn't Heeseung noticed?" Eunju raised a brow in curiosity.

"Probably because he's so wrapped up in Sarang." Miyeon simply answered and Eunju instantly felt her heart smash into a thousand pieces.

Choi Sarang — One of the most beautifulest girls to ever walk planet earth. She was very popular and knew everyone. She received the nickname 'Snow White' from many students due to her pale skin and pitch black hair that trailed down her back and her blood red lips. Sarang was perfect in every way. She had the visuals to die for, the sweet and innocent personality that people fell for instantly, and the body of one's dream — and now she had the boy every person wanted.

"What do you mean 'Wrapped up?'" Eunju wondered.

"The two have a very flirty friendship going on and can not leave each other alone — but don't worry, Eunju. I, personally, can't see them going anywhere as Sarang has plenty of boys chasing after her and Heeseung is the jealous type. They'll only end up clashing." Miyeon explained and Eunju nodded slightly.

The school bell rings out through the school yard, informing everyone that their break was over.

Miyeon happily stood up after packing away her meal and waved to the two girls with a bright smile on her lips, before heading to her class.

"I don't like Miyeon." Kyungmi announced as the two girls began walking with their arms linked together. "She doesn't seem trustworthy."

"You've never spoken to her." Eunju pointed out with her eyebrows furrowed.

A frustrated sigh past Kyungmi's lips as she looked down at the shorter girl. "Do whatever you want, Ju, I'm only warning you." She stated, before walking into their classroom, leaving Eunju to let out a breath before following after her.

Later that day, the two best friends were walking around the field closely together.

The duo both disliked Physical Education, so they opted to walk around instead of playing a game of football.

"I bet that when I get home, I won't even receive a 'Hi' from my mum." Kyungmi huffed.

As Baek Eunju listened to her best friend rant, she couldn't help but have her eyes land on Lee Heeseung — though her heart cracked at the sight of Choi Sarang leaned against the brick wall and Heeseung leaning beside her.

They were both giggling and Sarang had her hand placed on his chest, while his hands were in his trouser pockets.

Eunju felt the only bit of hope of the two ever having a chance together escape her body as her eyes remained on the two.

Why would Lee Heeseung ever take the time out of his day to look at someone like Baek Eunju, when someone as perfect as Choi Sarang was right in front of him?

"I'm going to go to the nurses office," Eunju cut Kyungmi off, and a hint of annoyance flashed across the Oh girls face. "I'm feeling a bit sick... I'll catch you later."

Eunju quickly waved to her best friend, before hurriedly walking across the field and inside the school.

She walked the corridors as the feeling of despondency took over her mindset. She made her way up the multiple steps and opened the doors to the roof, before walking to the edge and peering over it, while resting her head in her hand.

Her eyes filled with tears of insecurity and hopelessness and she eventually allowed them to fall, along with releasing a few sobs.

Who knew someone could cause heartbreak without them even realizing it?

☆★