𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘴 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦

Song: A song for dad by Keith Urban

**

~ Third Person ~

~ Third Person ~

"Oh my God." Asher whispered for the millionth time while staring at the ultrasound screen, nobody knows what to make of his reaction. Alessandro has tried to comfort Domenico but that doesn't help the anxious feeling from bubbling up in his chest. He fears that Asher changed his mind and no longer wants this as much as he did.

Nico knows Asher quite well in his humble opinion. He knows when something is upsetting him and he definitely knows what he likes in the bedroom.

It took him a while to let Domenico see him naked and even longer before his husband was allowed to touch him in a sexual manner but once he did, it didn't take long to figure out his tells.

When Asher was like however... He didn't know how to help... He did know that saying the wrong thing could cause him to spiral and he hasn't exactly been known to think before he speaks... Not before he met Asher that is... It's not that he doesn't know how to comfort his own husband because he also knows that Asher craves to be held when he's scared but in this very moment he doesn't know how to help, they just found out the sex of their baby and it's supposed to be such a happy moment but right now he can't stop himself for wondering if Asher is regretting their decision on having a baby.

Alessandro however... He's always known his son. He knows when he is anxious, he knows when he's upset, even when Asher appears to be closing off to the outside world, Alessandro can see his little star's eyes shine with joy as he continues to look at the blob on the screen.

"He's happy." Alessandro told him for the millionth time, being the only person in the room that can read Asher like an open book, something most people still struggle with. "Happy feelings are still something he struggles to articulate at times, especially if he's feeling overwhelmed, just give him a minute."

"Sandro darling, let's give the three of them a moment alone. Dario, Sofia and Giovanni should come with us." Dahlia speaks up, giving Nico's parents a pointed glare that lets them know that they have no say in the matter, she will never admit it but she has grown quite fond of Asher's husband and she feels like Asher would have an easier sorting through his thoughts if he didn't have so many people surrounding him expectantly.

Everyone gave her a brief nod before exiting the hospital room and Domenico forced Asher to sit down.

"Come on Ash, please tell me what's going through that head of yours. I can't help you if you don't talk to me." Domenico whispers carefully as Quinn just watches, afraid they would end up saying the wrong thing.

"We're having a baby." Asher whispers back breathlessly.

"We are." Nico agreed.

"We're having a son."