Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!

Start from the beginning

"The rudder! Turn the rudder!" Nami orders.

"No way that'll work in these waves!" Zoro replies close to the wheel.

"Luffy protect the ship! It can't take this any longer!" Sanji tells him.

"Got it! Eh? Usopp?" Luffy questioned, causing me to look towards the long nose.

He was sitting in a meditation pose, surprisingly calm. "Cast aside your worries. Eyes closed." He started to say. "When you open your eyes a quiet morning lies before you," he then opened his eyes to freak out what was in front of him.

A skeleton from the falling ship was about to land right on top of Usopp.

"Bones!" He started to shriek.

"You idiot don't throw it this way!" Nami yells at him.

I started to tune them out after that. I turned my focus onto the debris that were still falling from the sky. I had to make sure that no large pieces would hit the ship since Luffy was officially distracted from that job.

***Mini Time Skip Brought to You by a Startled Chi***

"Why the heck did a ship fall from the sky?!" Luffy exclaims.

"How weird," Sanji adds, glaring at the sky.

"There's nothing in the sky now." Zoro comments.

"Is it really that surprising?" I ask. "It is the Grand Line, right?" I smile at the crew.

"Chi!" She agreed.

"Oh man, the Grand Line is a crazy place!" Usopp frets while hugging a concerned Chopper. "First, we see a ship graveyard inside a rainbow mist, and then a ship falls from the sky!"

"Oh! What're we gonna do?! Our Log Pose is broken!" Nami worries aloud. "It's stuck pointing upwards." She explains, earning my full attention.

"That's not it." Robin says. "It was updated by an island with stronger magnetism. I nod in agreement to what she said.

"If the Log Pose needle is pointing upwards, that means the log has been caught by the sky island."

"Sky Island!?" Most people questioned.

"What's that? An island in the sky?" Luffy excitedly asks, sensing an adventure.

"But I can't see anything like an island in the sky." Zoro protests.

"That's not it. To be precise, a sea is what's floating." Robin further explains.

Luffy, Chopper, and Usopp all woah, while the rest of us were further confused.

This is good information to have. I'm thinking of bolting early to have some time to enjoy Skypiea before the whole Eneru catastrophe. Besides, I'll miss meeting Teach and dealing with those monkeys that'll come later. Yeah, I'm liking this plan more and more.

"Yay! There's a sea in the sky with an island! Let's go there right away!" Luffy declares. "Hey, guys! Turn the rudder upwards!" He finishes with a huge smile.

I shook my head at his eagerness and stupidity mixed together. As I did so I headed over to my plane to start untying the ropes that held it in place. I'm glad I tied it up, or else it would have ended up in the water with those huge waves earlier.

Luffy and Usopp were still cheering about turning the rudder upwards until Robin had enough and used her powers to cover their mouths.

"In any case, you can't turn upwards, Captain." Sanji explained nonchalantly.