Part 30 - Stuck With You

Start from the beginning

"Maybe next time then" you actually turn around to face him with a smile, not wanting to kill his enthusiasm.

"I'll make it my goal" he nods.

Before you know it you're kissing each other slowly, showing off your passion and need for one another. Your lips are moving so well together, the tempo going from slow to fast and back all over again. You end up losing track of time, forgetting where you are or why. That's his effect on you and by the looks of it that's also your effect on him.

"The food" you warn him when you realise it's making a weird noise behind you, almost like it's burning.

"I've got it, don't do a thing" he makes fast moves and saves it.

"I'm sure you do" you smile.

"Until I'm ready to serve it, why don't we start off with some wine? What do you say?" he asks.

"Yes, please" the excitement spreads all over your face.

"Here you go" he appealingly pours wine in both the glasses in front of him.

Appealingly because first of all he's doing it with such ease and technique that's breathtaking, and secondly because of the way he looks. His hair is styled in a messy way, his goatee is as flawless as always, but what stands out is his half open shirt that's exposing his chest. The summer vibes coming from him are insane, he's really such a sight to look at.

"Thank you" you say and clink your glass against his.

"You like the outfit?" he smirks when he notices that you're practically staring at him.

"I'm sorry" you giggle and shake your head.

"It's fine. If anything, I'm flattered to impress you" he sits next to you, legs open as he sits on his chair.

"Impressing people is what you do for a living" you chuckle.

"That could change soon" he comments.

"What does that mean?" you narrow your eyes.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dinner should be ready by now" he gets back on his feet, leaving his glass behind.

A couple of minutes later, he's back with your plates and he serves them in front of each of you. He looks very proud of himself but also very worried about how it all worked out. Like he said, this is a recent interest of his. He's usually great at whatever he does, even if it's just the starting steps. This is probably one of the few times that he doesn't feel so sure about himself.

"Baby, it's really great. Congratulations" you compliment him after he first couple of bites.

"Really? You like it?" the sweetest smile is on his lips, literally glowing.

"I do" you join his smiling mood.

"Thank God" he exhales deeply.

"You know, I had Happy on stand in case you wanted some take out" he continues.

"Tony" you laugh.

You stretch your arm and hold his hand with yours on top of the table.

"Don't worry. I love this, I love you" you say.

"I love you, too" he interlocks your hands softly.

The atmosphere is so beautiful with the lighting he's chosen, the light music playing in the background that's making everything more magical, the conversation that just keeps on going long after the food is ready. It's all suddenly interrupted when a certain smell catches you by surprise.

"Um, Tony?" you look around with confusion.

"Yes?" he lifts his glass to taste another sip of the wine in front of him.

"What smells like that?" you ask.

"Like what?" he sits more seriously on his chair.

"Like something's burning" you explain.

"Wait what?" he also looks around.

"Oh, sh*t" he jumps from his seat.

You see him almost running back to the kitchen and you don't have to question anymore where that smell was coming from. The more you hear him curse and complain the more you laugh. It keeps on going until he's finally back with a walk of shame and a disappointed look on his face.

"Good news is that nothing's on fire" he shows you a thumbs up after saying so.

"And the bad news?" you ask.

"The bad news is that we no longer have dessert" he scratches his head. 

"It's okay, baby. Knowing that you tried to make dessert too is enough for me" you grin warmly.

"But I screwed it up. I can't even make you dessert, for Christ's sake. I thought I was good at multitasking" he sighs.

"You'll get it right next time" you comfort him.

"What do you want for dessert? I'll order it immediately" he asks and pulls out his phone.

"Nothing, this right now is enough for me" you reassure him.

"Are you sure? I want the best for you, it's the least I can do" he sounds serious.

"Yes, I'm sure. And I'm also sure that eating dessert isn't the reason you called me here tonight" you tilt your head.

"You're right" he finally exhales and gets rid of the sudden pressure that took over him.

"So, what is the reason?" you look at him patiently.

"Honestly, there's no reason, believe it or not" he shrugs.

"That's a first. We always had dinner nights for special occasions. Or anyway, there was always a reason" you say.

"Yes, that is correct, every other time was different. If I had to pick a reason for this tonight, I guess it would be... gratitude" he says after a little pause.

"Gratitude?" you're surprised.

"Sounds wild, doesn't it?" he chuckles.

"But, really, it's not" he continues.

"I don't need a reason to have a date with you, I only need to see you, have you close to me, see that smile of yours, hear your voice. It sounds crazy, and it definitely took me way longer than the average adult man, but I matured. I don't want many women, I don't want parties and hangovers all the time. All I want is to be with you because I love you so f*cking much that I can't even put into words. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should get used to cheesy dinners and random dates because you're stuck with me" he finishes his words.

Even from the very start, your eyes couldn't hide your emotions. It didn't even take long until you teared up, and by the end it was very obvious how you felt about his confession. You stood up from your seat and approached him. He instantly turned his head up to look at you and you wasted no time before sitting on his lap carefully.

"There's nothing I want more than cheesy dinners and random dates with you. I don't care about anything else, I love you so much" you say emotionally and caress his face with your hand sweetly.

That's the moment that you both smile wider than ever before. The realisation that this time nothing is going to go wrong. Without even understanding it, you're kissing each other with love and respect. You're lost in this wave of feelings and you couldn't be happier about it.

"I don't know how this thing with Lewis is going to end but I promise you that I'm not giving up" he says.

"Thank you" you say quietly, looking into his eyes.

"Don't thank me. After all I've put you through, I'm now just trying to make up for the mistakes of the past and do you right" he wraps his arms around your body and pulls you close to his body.

"You're doing more than just that" you smile against his skin and place a soft kiss on his neck.

You can feel his warmth, his steady breathing and the way he caresses your back as he holds you right. You close your eyes and enjoy the moment at its fullest, knowing that this right here is your definition of perfection.