𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

There was shuffling inside before the door opened. Willow leaned against the door, a smile forming on her face. "Raelynn! I wasn't expecting to see you so soon. Did you talk to Steve?"

Raelynn smiled and nodded. "I did. He said that he would talk to you about making a plan. My training can start next week."

"Good. That's good." Willow smiled. "Well, I'll see you around. You're going to be the first person I've really trained, so this is going to be a new experience for both us."

"Did you talk to Natasha?" Raelynn asked.

"I haven't gotten that far yet." Willow said, rubbing the back of her neck. "You've been a lot more proactive than I have. Don't worry, I'll talk to her. I promise."

Raelynn nodded. "Alright. Well, I'm going to find my sister. She said she was going to meet me for dinner." Willow nodded and Raelynn walked away from her.

Raelynn made her way to her room, entering and smiling when she saw Aurelia sitting there, watching a show that was on Television. There was take out sitting in front of her, patiently waiting to be ate. Aurelia turned and smiled when she saw her sister, reaching forwards to grab the remote and mute the show. Raelynn took a seat beside of her, grabbing the take out and eating it with Aurelia joining her. Aurelia let the show play out loud again as they sat in silence whilst they ate.

Once they were finished, Aurelia threw everything away before Raelyn had the chance to protest, sitting back down beside of her sister and offering her a small smile. "What have you been up to today?" Aurelia asked.

Raelynn shrugged. "Well, I managed to convince Steve to let Willow train me so that I'm not just another useless person that lives here."

"That's great, Lynn!" Aurelia widely smiled.

"I think that the monster isn't gone, that it's still there. I want to find a way to be able to control it which means I'm going to be waking it up and I don't. . . I don't want you getting hurt in this process."

Aurelia looked at her, pursing her lips as she nodded her head. "Okay. I get that. I can be gone by morning."

"No, no, no. That's not what I. . ." Raelynn sighed as she placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not trying to push you away. I just know that I can't keep you safe and until it's under control, I don't want there being a possibility of you getting hurt."

"I can protect myself, you know?" Aurelia cocked her head to the side. "I've done this before. I've faced dangerous things. I mean I watched my girlfriend sacrifice herself to keep me safe and I'm still fighting monster after monster to make sure people are safe, because that's what Jean would've wanted me to do. That's why I came here. For her. For myself. I've learned to control my powers, I can stay here and I can help you."

Raelynn shook her head. "It's too dangerous, Aria." Raelynn deeply frowned. "I killed our parents. I don't want to end up killing you too."

Aurelia went silent after that. She thought about her words and although she liked it here, she wouldn't mind spending time with Scott whilst Raelynn figured it out. "You promise I can come back and visit?"

"You can come back whenever you want. Besides, I don't even start my training until next week, so we still have a few days to spend together before you go back."

Aurelia managed a small smile, nodding. "I knew I would go back, I just didn't think it would be so soon." She sighed. "But, I get it. We'll spend the next few days together and then I'll go back home. Scott's been texting me nonstop about updates at the school and those kids are completely out of control. He claims I can 'teach them better' than he can. Whatever that means. Between me and you, I think he just misses me and doesn't want to admit it."

The two sisters laughed. "He sounds like a great friend."

Aurelia smiled. "The best. He's always been so supportive. He was my rock before Jean was ever part of the picture. He's my best friend and I love him like he's my brother, just as he loves me like I'm a sister."

Raelynn smiled at this. "Well, maybe one day he can come here and I can get to know him."

Aurelia's eyes brightened at the thought. "That would be great. He would love it here." Aurelia turned her head back to the show. "What's this even called anyways?"

Raelynn watched it for a moment. "Uh, I think it's called Gilmore Girls. I've only watched a few episodes."

"I've only watched one and let me tell you, I already know this Luke and Lorelai thing going on is going to be the death of me." Raelynn laughed at that and Aurelia chuckled in response.

" Raelynn laughed at that and Aurelia chuckled in response