𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:❝︎Can't Be That Bad❞︎

CHAPTER SIX:
❝︎Can't Be That Bad❞︎

SHE NEVER REALLY GOT SCARED. At least, she liked to believe she didn't. But when it came to what she could do, the fear that she felt compared to no other. After leaving Willow, Raelynn decided to start walking around the giant facility, discovering everything that she could about this place, not knowing how long it was that she had been walking around until she found herself standing in front of the glass wall, her heart dropping to her chest when she saw that it was dark outside.

She didn't know how long she had been standing there, allowing the fear to course through her body and her nerves to swallow her whole. She could see the people starting to leave to go home, some of them living inside of the facility and making their way to their rooms whilst wishing others a goodnight. The agents that stayed awake during the night entering just to keep an eye on everything and make sure that they weren't about to be attacked. The only thing that snapped her out of her trance was a hand being placed on her shoulder, making her jump.

     "Whoa!" A laugh fell from Sam's lips as he looked at the girl. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Just came to make sure you were alright." Raelynn turned to look at him before forcing a small smile on her face as she nodded her head. Sam looked out for a moment before he held out his hand. "I don't think we've met. Sam Wilson."

     "Oh, uh, Raelynn Quinn." She placed her hand into his, shaking it, before letting go and placing her hand back at her side. She shoved her blonde hair from her shoulder as she looked at the man. "I was just looking at the sky. Something me and my sister used to do when we were younger."

     He watched as a frown fell on her lips. "Where's your sister at now, if you don't mind me asking."

      Raelynn pursed her lips for a moment before she shrugged her shoulders. "The last I heard she was at the school for gifted youngsters, but that was when we were young and the. . . the, uh, incident happened. I don't know if she's still there. It doesn't matter, anyways. She probably forgot about me." A sad chuckle left her lips. "I don't want her to know me anyways."

     "You can't be that bad." Sam waved her off.

     A sad smirk tugged at her lips before it faded again. "Well, when you're the reason for your parents deaths, it's not everyday when you forgive that person." Sam pursed his lips and looked towards the grown and she hummed at his silent words. She wanted to see her little sister again so badly, but she knew that Aurelia would never forgive her for what she did. Hell, if she was in Aurelia's shoes, she wouldn't forgive her either.

     "It was nice meeting you, Sam." Raelynn whispered, offering the man a gentle smile before she walked away from him. A soft sigh fell from her lips before she found herself making her way towards the roof. She crossed her arms over her chest, the wind blowing through her hair. She narrowed her eyes as she looked up towards the sky, watching as more stars started dotting the coal black sky. She could feel the tears starting to build up, making her jaw clench as she shook her head. She wouldn't cry. She refused to cry.

A sigh fell from her lips as she pushed her hair behind her ears before making her way back inside. She walked down the several flights of steps instead of taking the elevator, deciding that she would waste time before forcing herself to lay down on the bed and fall asleep. She was scared of the horrors that would take place once she fell asleep―︎how many people would be killed because of her? She made her way to her room, standing there for a few moments before pushing the door open.

She entered her room, closing and locking the door behind her. Because maybe if she locked the door, the creature that she knew escaped her mind would be trapped within the bounds of her room and the death of innocents won't have to take place. That was her hope at least. She entered the bathroom, brushing her hair, her teeth, and pulling on her clothes that she had chose to sleep in. And then she entered her room, staring at the bed for a few moments before swallowing thickly and making her way over.

She pulled back the covers, carefully climbing into the bed before looking around and reach out for the remote that would turn on the television. Maybe the noise would keep the monster at bay. She flipped the channels for almost thirty minutes, continuing to stall in hopes of lessening her hours of sleep. She always made her rise the same time the sun did. She was the only person in the world that seemed to absolutely despise being asleep. She swallowed thickly when she came across a suitable enough channel. She placed the remote down before looking over at the lamp and hesitating for a moment before reaching out to turn it off.

Now, the only light that was in the room was that of the television and the animated cartoon characters that were talking back and forth. Cartoons were the only thing that would bring her comfort. She would stay up and watch them with Aurelia until the littlest Quinn would fall asleep or until they both would. She placed her hand on the pillow, pulling the soft covers up to her chin and reluctantly she allowed her eyes to close. And in an instant she was fast asleep, and the horrors in her head came out to play, and Raelynn heard absolutely none of it.

 And in an instant she was fast asleep, and the horrors in her head came out to play, and Raelynn heard absolutely none of it