𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:❝︎Someone To Blame❞︎

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
❝︎Someone To Blame❞︎

RAELYNN SAT THERE, PONDERING OVER WHAT IT WAS THAT LILIYA PETROVA HAS SAID TO HER. The blonde haired woman held a cup of warm coffee in her hands, staring blankly into the abyss as she tried to allow Liliya's words make her feel better. Was it working? Sort of. But for the most part, not really. A soft sigh fell from her lips, closing her eyes as she leaned back in the chair that she was sitting in. The sound of approaching footsteps made her sit up once more.

Raelynn turned her head and was surprised to find Natasha making her way towards her. The blonde didn't know what to say. Almost as if forming words was something that she was suddenly incapable of doing. She tried to read Natasha's face, but she was good at keeping her emotions hidden. She was a trained assassin after all. Raelynn could feel her heart rate pick up. Did something happen to Willow? Was Natasha here to kill her because of what she had done to her girlfriend? Because of what that thing had done to her?

To her surprise, Natasha took a seat across from her. They didn't talk for a few moments, and the longer the silence was that lingered between them, the more it made Raelynn want to stand up and run away. Her stomach churned with nerves, waiting for the words that would leave Natasha's mouth. Should she just run? Save herself before Natasha has time to stand up and kill her? She wanted to. Hell, she almost did had not Natasha finally looked up from her hands in order to meet Raelynn's eyes. Something in her eyes made Raelynn stay exactly where she was.

After a few more seconds, Natasha spoke. "She's awake." Those two simple words made Raelynn sit up straighter. She felt several things at once. Fear, rage, relief, guilt. She had felt nothing but guilty since she had put Willow in the hospital wing, and now her new worry was whether or not Willow hated her. A laugh fell from Natasha's lips as she shook her head slightly. "The first thing she did when she woke up, was ask if you were okay even though she was the one that had been hurt. A part of me wanted to tell her no. Why? I don't know. But I knew that if Willow thought you weren't okay that she would've ripped herself from that bed in order to come find you and stop at nothing until she was sure that you were in fact okay."

"I know what I did." Raelynn whispered, nodding her head in understanding. "I wouldn't have blamed you if you told her I had run away, disappeared, maybe even died. Anything to keep me away from her. The dangerous girl that can't control her demons." Raelynn paused for a moment, wondering if she even had the right to ask her next question. "Is she alright?"

Natasha nodded. "Yeah, she's okay. She's a little sore, but that's understandable." Natasha looked at Raelynn for a moment, and she could see the guilt that lined her eyes. The unshed tears that so desperately wanted to escape. Natasha knew that she couldn't blame Raelynn for something she didn't have control of her. That wasn't fair. Natasha glanced around herself for a moment, deciding whether or not she should tell Raelynn why she was here talking to her in the first place. Finally she moved the hair from her face and looked back towards her. "She wants to see you."

Raelynn took a surprised intake of breath. Her eyes widened slightly. Willow wanted to see her? After she had almost killed her, Willow still wanted to see her. That didn't make sense to her. She was to scared to even go near her in the first place. Hell, she was surprised Natasha was going to let her go near her after what she did. She stuttered over her words for a few seconds, trying to gather her jumbled thoughts before finally only one word could come out. She squinted her eyes in confusion "Why?"

Natasha just shrugged. A small smile pulled at the corner of her lips, a sad smile Raelynn noted. "She cares too much about everyone and everything. I don't know how she does it. Especially when she has that demon attached to her body. But she cares. And she wants to see you, wants to talk to you. She has the biggest heart, and I can't make you stay away from her because she would kill me if she found out I did that." She sighed. "I don't mean to hold a grudge. I know you couldn't control it. But the natural human reaction is to find something or someone to blame. I'm sorry it's you."

Raelynn shook her head almost reassuringly. "No. Don't be sorry, Natasha. It's my fault that I don't have control." She leaned over the table slightly, her eyes meeting Natasha's green ones and a determined look fell over her face. "I'm going to find a way to control it. I swear to you I am. I don't care what it takes. I don't want any more blood on my hands than I already have. This thing. . . it's taken more from me than you could know. And as soon as it's gone, I plan to take back what it's stolen from me."

Natasha nodded. "I believe you. I'll do whatever I can to help you, Raelynn. Just say the word. I'm there. And so is everyone else. You're here for our help, and we plan to give it to you. All you have to do is ask." Natasah stood up and Raelynn followed her with her eyes. Natasha smiled slightly before nodding her head. "Come on. We have a very impatient woman waiting for our arrival." Raelynn managed a small smile as well before getting up and following after Natasha, towards the room where Willow was.

" Raelynn managed a small smile as well before getting up and following after Natasha, towards the room where Willow was