𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:❝︎People That Wanted To Help❞︎

CHAPTER EIGHT:
❝︎People That Wanted To Help❞︎

TEARS CLOUDED HER VISION AS SHE WALKED OUT OF HER ROOM AND LOOKED AT THE CHAOS THAT SURROUNDED THE ROOM IN WHICH WILLOW HAD BEEN. You could see the struggle that had been there, the attempt to keep herself alive splattered along the floor and walls. Raelynn brought a hand up to cover her mouth, her hands were shaking as she stared at the horrible scene that had been caused by her. By the thing that came out whenever she went to sleep.

"Oh God." She whispered, her voice shaking just as much as her hands were. Her stomach churned with disgust. She couldn't believe that she had caused this. That she had hurt the girl that had promised to help her. She carefully lowered her hand from her mouth, crossing her arms tightly over her chest as she turned her head to look at Natasha. "Where is she? Can I see her? Please?" Natasha looked at the blonde woman for a moment, and Raelynn could tell she was hesitant. And she understood why. But finally, Natasha nodded her head.

Raelynn managed the best smile that she could before she watched the redhead start to walk away. The blonde glanced towards the crime scene was last time before turning on her heel and quickly following after the assassin. She kept her distance, scared of Natasha, but also not wanting to invade her privacy or space. Raelynn knew how much Willow meant to her, and she knew that Natasha couldn't bare the thought of losing her. So every time she looked at Raelynn, all she saw was the woman that had hurt her girlfriend―︎the woman that Natasha was in love with. And she was hurt, and angry, and most of all scared.

They walked down the hallways, entering the elevator and standing there in an awkward yet tense silence. Raelynn's arms tightened around her chest, swallowing thickly as she impatiently waited for the elevator to ding and open. When it finally did so, Raelynn waited for Natasha to step out first before exiting the elevator and continuing to follow after her. And if you were to ask any of the agents that had passed by the blonde, they would tell you that Raelynn looked like a kicked puppy that did something she wasn't supposed to.

When they came to the hospital wing, Raelynn's heart started to slam in her chest. She could feel the fear eating away at her, the nerves raising in her chest. She didn't want to see the damage that she had caused. She didn't want to feel even more guilty than she already did. But Raelynn Quinn knew that she was the cause for Willow's injuries. And she knew that she was going to have to own up to it, and in order to do just that, she had to see just how bad the damage truly was.

When Natasha came to a stop in front of a doorway, Raelynn knew that they had arrived at Willow's room. She found herself stopping in her tracks, she stared nervously at Natasha, watching as the woman stared into the hospital room with a deep frown covering her lips. Her eyebrows were furrowed with worry, and Raelynn could see her jaw clenching and unclenching, her fists doing the same thing almost as if she were trying to keep the anger that she felt at bay. Natasha stood there for a few more moments, forcing herself to contain her emotions before turning towards Raelynn and stepping from the doorway.

Raelynn stood there for another second before she took a deep shaky breath and carefully made her way towards the room. She stopped in the doorway, and closed her eyes tightly at her first glimpse of Willow. Her heart seemed to stop, her breathing heavy. She hadn't even seen the bruises, the scans, anything. All she saw was the tube sticking from Willow's throat. A ventilator. They had been forced to put Willow on a ventilator, and a lot of the times there was no coming back from such a thing. Was Willow dead?

She clenched her jaw before glancing towards Natasha who was avoiding eye contact with her. She pressed her lips together before turning her head back towards Willow. She took a deep breath before stepping into the room. She hesitate before taking a few steps closer to Willow. Tears filled her eyes the closer and closer that she got to Willow's body. Her heart beat was normal, and from what Raelynn had learned from watching medical shows, her vitals seemed to be normal for the most part. But her face and skin were littered with bruises, all different shades of green, black, and purple.

Raelynn shook her head slightly as the tears fell down her cheeks, her lips quivered as she softly cried at the sight of the woman that had offered to help her only a day prior. She reached out and grabbed onto Willow's hand, squeezing it gently. She didn't know what to say, her thoughts running at a thousand miles per hour. "Willow, I'm so. . . I'm so sorry that this happened to you." She was so angry at herself for not having control over this creature that appeared every time she fell asleep. She wished she could've warned her.

Raelynn reached over and pushed a hair from Willow's face. She shook her head, whispering her apologies once more before making her way out of the room and over towards Natasha who had been watching the interaction through the window. Raelynn stood beside the assassin. "Why is it that it always goes to the people that want to help me? Never the ones that one to kill me?"

"That's usually how things work for people like us." Natasha answered her.

"I never wanted this to happen." Raelynn whispered, shaking her head.

"I know." Natasha nodded. And that was all Raelynn needed to turn on her heel and walk away.

 And that was all Raelynn needed to turn on her heel and walk away