Part 45

[

[Last Part] 

“Oh, of course. I didn’t think about that. Then we will go horse riding in a few days, when we get the go from Alerus!”

I smiled at his eagerness and nodded my head before shoving the next cookie whole in my mouth. It’s not like he can see what I’m doing behind his back anyways. Why bother looking well-mannered?

]

After about another 5 Minutes of me munching on my cookies and Rosen talking about all the stuff that we could do sometime in the next months, I noticed something moving in his brown hair. I couldn’t quite tell what it was, but it was most definitely alive. Upon further inspection, it became more apparent to me that whatever was in that messy hair, must be rather big for a bug.

Pale faced, I whispered his name out.

When he didn’t hear me and continued rambling on about how he was going to teach me how to skip stones, I moved back on my bed, cautiously took the pillow from behind me, aimed, and chucked it at his head with as much force as I could muster.

Shocked, Rosen sprung up to his feet and looked at me accusingly. But when he noticed my petrified expression, he started rambling.

“Faer? Are you alright? Did I do something?” “Rosen-” “Have I made a mistake? What’s wrong? What can I do to help-” “ROSEN!” I finally managed to get through to him. “T-There's something in your h-hair… and i-it’s… it’s alive,” I stuttered, staring wide eyed at the man-child in front of me. More particularly, at the moving bump in his hair.

Rosen copied my horrified, wide-eyed and pale complexion. And so he slowly lifted his hand to his head. Petrified at what might jump out of his hair once he touched it, I crawled even more back to the other side of the bed, further away from the threat.

Rosen seemed a mild bit betrayed, but was too focused on what might be lurking in his hair right now to bother with such feelings. His eyes followed his hand, which seemed to move in slow-motion, up. 

To say I was scared shitless was an underestimation. Whatever was in Rosen’s hair, was at least as big as my fist - so no cockroach. 

Suddenly, when the tips of his fingers touched the first strands of his messy hair, the thing in his locks moved again. And the most disgusting, fat and hairy leg was revealed, poking out of one of his strands. 

That was the final straw for me. Not caring about my back whatsoever, I sprung up, out of the bed and made a bolt to the bathroom door. It’s probably safer to be able to slam the door shut just in case the thing chooses to run across the room after it leaves Rosen’s hair. 

Rosen was now full on panicking after seeing my reaction and leaned his head forward just started to ruffle through his hair like crazy. He was going full on basilisk on it and started shaking his head like a rockstar.

I was shivering my poor little heart off in the doorframe of the bathroom while taking a small step back and gripping the door handle as hard as I could. My fingers had turned white, when sure enough, the monster came jumping out of his hair. 

And what came out of those brown locks looked absolutely unholy. It was a distorted, hairy beast that looked like it shouldn’t be alive. If somebody told me that this is what the demons in hell looked like, I wouldn’t even double guess them. It was the color of dog turt, and moved like it didn’t care about physics.

The fat legs were attached to some abnormally small upper body which seemed to drag an absolutely massive butt behind it. It’s body could almost be compared to that of an ant. Only that ants actually looked like they belonged to earth most of the time.

But the worst thing was, the amount of legs that it had. 

8.

And with that, Ladies and Gentlemen, I slammed the door shut. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for not uploading for such a long time! I'm not even going to list my excuses - This was just out of 60 % utter laziness. I'm not sure how regular the uploading schedule will be in the next few weeks as my schedule is pretty messed up, but I'm definitely finishing this book soon.
I'll make the next chapter a bit longer!

I hope you have a good day/night wherever you are right now ^^