Part 38

The four men stared at Rayi, seeming deep in thought while processing the information. Then, the eldest of them, a man with extremely dark green hair and light yellow eyes snapped out of it.

"That's actually a good idea. But we must make sure that he doesn't catch wind of this. We need to tell him that we managed to lift the curse without any side effects," Rei spoke.

A tall man with a bloodied, previously white attire shifted his gaze from Rayi to stare at the male that had just spoken.

"Then we've got to tell him that we found a curse that does something completely pointless... Like... hm..."

"Like making it harder for him to brush his hair," Grimm finished his sentence with purpose.

Confused and annoyed at that absurd idea, Alerus voiced everyone's thoughts.

"Now why in the world would you pick something like that? How did you even come up with this random thought?" He asked, dumbfounded.

At that, Grimm grinned.

"Have you ever brushed his hair for him? He will melt into your arms like chocolate. And what's more: He's already struggling with taming his hair every morning, so he's not going to question the curse much," He stated, smiling proudly at knowing stuff like that about the boy in question.

"Alright, so you want to brush his hair for him, I get it. But how would you want to set this curse up? It's a developing curse mark. Theoretically, he would have a bird nest in his hair every morning after about a year. At least that's what he expects," Rayi quickly tried to reject his idea, not liking the fact that Grimm would be the only one to enjoy the benefits of it.

"That's why we can set a circumstance for the curse to develop: If Faer is the one brushing his own hair, then the curse will flourish. But as long as it's somebody else brushing his hair, then he will be fine and the curse won't develop much. That way, he will be forced to let me, or one of you, brush his hair every day. Otherwise it will turn into a complete mess, or at least that's what he thinks..," Grimm finished his theory happily.

"Huh, you really are manipulating, Grimm. No wonder Faer doesn't like you," The smaller brown haired male, Rosen, mocked him jokingly.

"Have you got a better idea, shrimp? Something that is actually believable?" Grimm retorted, quickly shutting the slightly smaller male up.

"That doesn't sound that bad actually... Maybe he would start to allow us to do more than just brush his hair after a while... Perhaps we can even dress and bathe him one day!" Rei started to fantasize excitedly as he processed this. However, he was interrupted by a cough from somebody.

"Yeah, right. I don't think he's ever going to let us do something like that as long as he's conscious," Rosen laughed.

But Rayi seemed to have realized something and his eyes lit up.

"Wait, that's actually not impossible. With my actual curse making him happy around us and the pretend curse making him spend some quality bonding time with us, there's actually a high chance of him not caring that much anymore in the future!" He exclaimed happily.

"So this matter is settled. This is perfect," Alerus spoke. But it didn't seem like Rayi agreed with that statement.

"We aren't finished entirely. There's still something that we need to set before I lift his curse and replace it with ours: The development. Should it be linear, so with the same development speed throughout the years? Or exponential, so strong at first but quickly becoming slower until it practically stops developing? Or the opposite?" He asked.

"That's even a question for you? Of course it's going to be exponential. That way, he will quickly become happy with us. With the linear development, he would become infinitely happy after some time to the point it becomes a little too much," Rei answered Rayi's question.

"Alright, alright. I was just making sure," Rayi put his hands up. "So when should I start manipulating his curse mark?"

"As soon as possible, of course," Grimm said.

"Woah, woah there, hold your horses," Rosen stopped Grimm. "Is he even in the right shape for Rayi to cut his back into pieces, Alerus?"

The doctor threw a side glance at Rosen.

"As long as I'm there, he's going to be alright. I won't give him a chance to enter a serious state of concern. Furthermore, we can just give him our vampire blood to drink if something happens," He stated matter of factly. "He won't ever get a chance to die and leave us, don't worry."

While they were discussing Faer's doom, the boy in question sat in the bed upstairs, staring at the wall and praying that there is some higher up being out there that will lend him a helping hand.