Part 27

How do you expect me to answer if I can't even breathe properly?

The atmosphere in the room had shifted to such heaviness, that anybody else would have run straight out of the room, much like I would have liked to do if it weren't for my brothers holding me in place.

At this point, I had probably drunk an entire liter of blood in my panic and I simply couldn't take anymore.

Alerus seemed to notice my struggle.

"I think that's enough, Grimm. He will throw it back up if you give him any more," he stated.

Almost immediately Rei threw a white towel at Grimm, who pulled his now only slightly bleeding wrist away from my mouth, let go of my head and caught the cloth in mid air with his healthy hand with a "Thanks".

Struggling to get enough oxygen into my lungs I started coughing terribly.

When I tried to sit up to breathe more easy, Rosen let go of my legs and pushed a hand onto my chest to keep me from getting up, but Alerus jumped in and slapped his hand away sending him meaningful look and for the first time, I was glad that Alerus was so considerate of others well beings.

As Alerus stopped cleaning my wound to let me sit up, Rosen, grumbling apologies to me under his breath, took his hands away.

I sat up immediately, still coughing like crazy.

Those bastards...

Glancing worriedly down at me, Alerus spoke up.

"I'm afraid you'll have to go on a strict vampire blood only diet for the next week, otherwise your body won't be able to fight the infection properly. The blood will strengthen your immune system and you'll start feeling better soon,"

After I was done gasping for breath and coughing, I shot Alerus, Grimm and Rosen, the nastiest glare I could muster up.

I knew something like this was going to happen, but I still hoped I would be able to prevent it somehow.

Oh, how wrong I was. There was pretty much nothing I could do at this point. Arguing wouldn't get me anywhere and running was impossible.

Although any move against them would be completely pointless I still refused to go down without a fight.

Maybe I could make a compromise.

Drinking blood from another human-looking being was against my morals and utterly disgusting.

If it just were animal blood, it would be somewhat acceptable, but a blood only diet? How many animals would be killed to satisfy that need?

It's wrong to take any more blood and life than needed...

"I'm not going on a blood only diet, and most certainly not vampire blood," I spoke determinedly.

"I'm afraid that's not for you to decide. It's a necessary precaution we have to take in order to guarantee your life," stated Alerus calmly.

"I've survived way worse than this without any higher blood consumption than usual, so believe me when I say: It's not necessary," I said with a slightly menacing undertone.

"And believe us when we say that we want to know just what you did when you were away from us that makes you say that," he replied warningly.

I didn't want to tell them anything about my past. They were just a bunch of OP Psychos who weren't worth reliving painful memories for.

"What makes you think that I have to tell you anything?" I snapped back impatiently. If I didn't want to tell them what happened, then they have no way of figuring it out. They couldn't do anything about that.

"Oh, believe us, we have other ways of finding out," he spoke, grinning deviously.

"Like what?" I said, unbelievably, knitting my eyebrows together.

Alerus' eyes left mine and turned to Rei, who got the memo and turned to me, holding no emotions in his yellow orbs.

"Strip."