Part 3

As I neared the end of the roof I was on I had to prepare for the final jump to the ground. This jump was going to be the hardest one of them all since the impact might be fatal. I've already sprained my ankle a month ago and I don't know whether it has healed by now or not.

I jumped into the air and fell for what felt like eternity when in reality it wasn't even a second long. The impact hit full force. My painfilled cry when I hit the ground was enough for the footsteps behind me to fasten their pace even more if possible. Now I had damaged my ankle to such an extent that I was able to feel the pain even through my overdose of painkillers and then I knew that something was wrong.

I sprung up back to my feet, not wanting to get caught and started running again, not caring that I wouldn't be able to walk for some time after the chase. With the adrenaline pumping through my veins I wasn't able to feel much anyways.

Running barefoot through the forest was probably a bad idea and the many branches and roots that scratched at my skin as I ran through them was probably a little problematic too but I didn't care at the moment as the adrenaline in my blood vessels prevented any thinking or feelings from passing through.

As I heard my brother's footsteps closing in on me I realized that they were much faster than what I had expected. Hell, they were way too close for my liking. I wasn't going to make it to the village. Now I need to find a small place where they won't be able to get to me.

While being on the lookout for some kind of burrows or cave I spotted a little fox burrow a few feet ahead of me. I might be able to fit in there! It's my only chance to escape them.

As I darted head first into the little opening I realized that this was not just one burrow, but an entire underground system, lucky me!

When I squeezed myself all the way in and started crawling deeper in to the earthly smelling burrow I could hear my hunters approaching the hole I was in. Of course they saw me get in here but maybe they won't be able to get to me in time. Crawling deeper into the tunnel system I quickly realized why this burrow was abandoned. The ground was starting to become wet under my limbs and belly. But there was nothing that could keep me from turning back, hell, I would rather die than go back to them- "CRACKSH"

Did they just rip out an entire tree?

My question was answered as soon as I saw the dirt fall from the top of the tunnel a little ahead of me. I had to stop in my tracks as the only way to freedom was now blocked by stone and dirt. I could even see some sunlight peeking through the just now ripped cracks.

Not having another choice but to surrender I rolled myself up in a ball and waited.

"Faehr?!"

Silence. I didn't want to answer them. Talking was currently not on my to-do list as I was too preoccupied catching my breath after all the running I had to do.

"Faer I need to know whether you're alright or not!"

"Let us help you!"

Atin and Rei were trying to get me to talk while I decided to lay my head down for a second.

Suddenly I was hit with a wave of tiredness due to the defeat I had to face as I allowed myself to rest.

I needed to restore some energy or else I won't even be able to crawl my way back out of here.

Hearing some shuffling outside I took notice of my lost game. It was over. There's no way out of this now. Maybe I would be able to convince them that they give me more space or something like that. I think I'd just kill myself if they don't change anything about their behavour. Maybe this could be the argument I'll use against them for them to change if things truly are the way I think as I think they are. If they don't want me to die they'll have to change.

Suddenly I saw a hand reaching through one of the cracks ahead of me. I scooted a little backwards on my stomach as I saw that and tried to make myself as small as possible. Since the burrow I was in was way too small for me to turn around in, I could only hear what was happening at the entrance. Nobody would ever believe me how scary this was. I was able to hear them digging with their hands while the ground shook repeatedly. I think they were trying to dig another hole.

Why couldn't they just leave me alone? Is it really that hard to accept that you can't have everything you want in life? I just want to live my life in peace and solitude and just because they need to spoil and care for somebody they won't leave me alone. I'm sure there's some people out there who would greatly appreciate that kind of affection and who are willing to throw themselves at them.

The cracks started to let more and more light in and I couldn't help but close my eyes. I started to think that this might not be too bad at all. After all, I could finally relax, sleep all I want, eat as much chocolate as I want, and enjoy some cuddles. Maybe, just maybe, I'll accept my fate.

I felt myself flinch as something touched my back. If they dare to put their hands in reach of my head again I swear I won't hesitate to bite them. The biting is a habit I've developed over the years I've spent alone.

Don't give me that look.

As I was preparing myself to be ready to strike them with my sharp teeth just to spite them, I felt a warm hand touch my skin and I froze. The warmer a vampire's hand was, the more powerful and healthy they were. Either I'm on the verge of dying or they have doubled their power levels.

Well it feels like both could be true too.

The warm hand was gripping onto my shoulder in a tight hold, preventing me from moving. Not that I was planning on moving a muscle either.

Then I felt another pair of warm hands grab my ankles and that's when I was janked backwards. Rest in peace, belly. The shirt was pulled up while I was being pulled out and the roots, stones and sticks were cutting into my stomach like razor sharp knives. I can't wait for the painkillers to wear off.