Chapter Twenty-Eight

One month pass ever since the accident happened.

Your scars have healed themselves once you were released from the ropes, yet you were left with trauma.

Trauma which made you afraid to leave the temple even Apollo tried to take you out with him, but you keep on refusing.

Just like now.

"Don't worry yourself, I will be by your side" your husband assures you.

You look at your husband, grateful for his support and love. Deep down, you know that he only wants what's best for you and wants to help you overcome your fear.

Or maybe that's your Stockholm speaking.

But the trauma from the accident has deeply rooted itself in your mind, making it difficult to trust the outside world.

You feel safe within the walls of the temple, where you have spent most of your time since the incident.

"I appreciate your offer, Apollo," you say softly, looking into his eyes

"But I'm just not ready yet. The outside world scares me...no, Olympus scares me"

Apollo takes your hands in his and squeezes them gently.

"I understand, love. Healing takes time, and I'm here to support you every step of the way. Whenever you feel ready, we can start with small outings"

You take a deep breath, feeling slightly reassured by his words.

The thought of venturing outside the temple still causes your heart to race, but having Apollo by your side gives you a sense of comfort and strength.

"I would like that," you say, mustering a small smile.

"Thank you, Apollo, for being patient with me."

He leans forward and places a tender kiss on your lips.

You don't even stop him this time like you always do.

"There's no need to thank me, It's my duty as your husband to take care of you. We'll take things at your pace and conquer your fears together."

You nod slowly, realizing that you have to get over the trauma.

"I think I should start from today"

Apollo's eyes widen slightly at your next words.

"I also should attend meetings with you"

☀️☀️☀️

"Look who finally decided to show up"

Zeus voice booms through the building after you enter alongside your husband, your hands wrapped around his arm.

Aphrodite wants to approach you badly...but she feels extreme guilt about what her son did to you.

Thankfully, there's no sight of Eros in here.

"Abandoning your duties, how shameful" Athena mocks.

"As if you are the one to talk, you can't even protect your followers" Apollo states, hinting at what happened to Medus.

"How dare you speak to me like that-" you cut her off.

"He dares"

You speak for the first time ever since you arrived.

"Excuse me?" Athena glares at you.

"You heard me" you glare back at her sharply.

"From today on, I except nothing but respect from everyone here"

You say those words, your eyes moving from one deity to another.

"Any type of disrespect will be met with a violent punishment"