Chapter Twenty-Two

It has been three weeks since you last saw Apollo or spoke to Hera.

Three peaceful weeks filled with calmness that's if you didn't include Heracles' frequent visits to your home.

The demigod visited you every day bringing with him gifts and food.

To be fair, you enjoy his company more than that of Apollo, at least he is not possessive or madly in love with you.

Or that's what you wish to believe.

Right now you are laying on the comfy bed, reading one of the many scrolls filled with fascinating stories while eating fruits.

Suddenly one of the servants walks in.

"My lady, a man wishes to see you"

You look at her with confusion as your heart begins speeding up in fear and worry that it might be Apollo.

"What was his name?"

"Hades"

Hearing the familiar name made you calm down but did not lessen the confusion.

The servant probably doesn't know that he is the deity of the underworld and thinks that he is probably a random guy with the same name.

"Tell him that I'm not here" you order.

"I already told him that I would inform you of his appearance"

You bite your lip at her answer but decide not to get angry at her upon seeing her scared expression.

"I'm sorry if I have upset you, my-" You stop her.

"No, just tell him that I'm coming"

She nods before hurrying off.

The reason why you don't want to meet Hades is pretty simple.

You don't know what his intentions are.

No matter, how less of a jerk he is than his two other brothers, he still kidnapped Persophone.

Or rather 'tricked' her to beautify the word 'kidnapping'

Maybe he is like Hera and Aphrodite and will help you.

🔺🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔺

"I hope I haven't kept you waiting"

You say, before sitting across from Hades and smiling at him lightly.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you"

Hades stare at you as if he was staring into the depth of your soul ready to rip it away and eat it.

His gaze is enough to make you want to die.

Maybe that is his true intention he wants your soul.

At least he will be able to find it in the underworld and keep it.

"Do I know you?" you inquire, deciding to play till the end and not reveal your identity.

You have to put out all your cards just like Aphrodite taught you.

"I think you know me very well, (Y/n)"

You act confused, refusing to give up.

"Are you a friend of my family?

Hades doesn't move from his place, only terrifying dark souls appear around you and him blocking the outside world.

"You do not need to fear me, I did not come to harm you"

His tone is gentle and calm, but clearly, he used his powers to intimidate you.

"Why are you here, Hades?" you demand.

"I came here to inform you that a plague has struck many towns and yours will be next"

Your eyes grow big in worry, realizing that this means you will be forced to drop your disguise and use your powers.

"And why would that concern you?"

The dark-haired deity smirks, as one of the souls touches your face, causing you to flinch away in fear.

Hades enjoy teasing you.

"I have come to strike a deal with you"

"Which is?"

"Help the people, and I will provide you protection in the underworld"

You suddenly stand up and chuckle while crossing your arms over your chest in mockery.

"You want me to avoid my husband's trap and fall into your trap"

Walking over to his chair, you point a finger at his head to mock him more.

"I'm not the deity of idiocy, Hades"