Chapter Twenty-Seven

"And the punishment is over, see, it's not that bad, I have been merciful"

Tears stream down your face, as every part of your body stings from pain caused by the whip used on you by Anteros.

"You look like a work of art with all those beautiful cuts decorating your body"

You wince as he touches one of the bleeding cuts on your stomach.

"Hopefully it will scar to be a reminder of your punishment" Anteros mocks.

"You will pay for that dearly, I promise you!" you manage to blurt out even though your throat is dry from sobbing.

Anteros chuckles as he removes his finger from your skin, feeling the satisfaction of seeing the terror in your eyes.

"You're powerless against me," he taunts.

"I have all the power, and you are nothing but a plaything for me to torture and inflict pain on."

His words feel like a knife piercing your dignity, but you still keep your head held high, refusing to let him see you break.

You know this punishment is over, but you will not give him the satisfaction of seeing you suffer any more than you already have.

"Even if you want to get your revenge, it's impossible as deities aren't allowed to kill each other" Anteros points out.

"Neither are they allowed to torture each other" you add, narrowing your eyes at him.

"I'm not getting hurt as long as no one knows, my dear"

☀️☀️☀️

"I have not expected your visit, Hypnos"

Apollo stares at the sleep deity as he speaks while Hypnos tries to process what he is going to say to your husband.

"I have found out where your wife is and I believe she is in grief danger" Hypnos explains.

"Where is she?" Apollo demanded.

If he was worried about not finding your whereabouts, now, he is paranoid about you being in danger.

"She is in Eros' hideout" 

"And where is it?"

"Well, I don't know-"

Apollo doesn't wait for him to finish as he rushes off to find the god of carnal love.

While swearing that he is going to have you sleep safely in his arms tonight.

☀️☀️☀️

"Guess, I shall leave now"

Anteros announces, not bothering to untie you from your ropes, knowing very well what you will do once you are free.

"Are you not going to give me a farewell kiss?" he states noticing your silence.

You look away in disgust as he inches closer to you, ready to kiss you.

However, before he could do such a shameful act, someone appears behind him and knocks him out using their power.

Your eyes widens as you stare at your husband.

"Apollo?"

As you mutter his name, tears build up in your eyes, feeling relieved and afraid.

Even if you are grateful for him coming to save you, but you know that Apollo will be back at his old habits.

Apollo stares at your abused body with wide eyes.

He places his hands on your cheeks, while looking your straight in the eyes.

"See, I was right-"

"This is not-"

You try to object, but the light haired deity cuts you off.

"-locking you up was the best solution after all"