TWELVE|Training

"So, when were you going to tell me that you're training with my dad?" Lucky asked as she caught up with Robby and he looked over at her. "It's nice to see you so... Happy, I think it is the word that I'm looking for." She noted.

"Are you coming to train with us this time, then?" Robby asked and Lucky shrugged quickly at the words. "Let me guess, Justin might show up too?" He asked as she laughed at his automatic assumption. "I'm serious!"

"We will see. My dad has, by a total miracle... he has chilled out around him, a little bit anyway. He wants to get back into it and try to get himself back into shape. Three days after he got out of the hospital, no less." Lucky said with a laugh and Robby chuckled. "If you need a ride, I'll bring you back with me. Justin is back to being able to drive for short timelines." Lucky explained and her phone rang.

"Hey there, Tin-Man!" Robby called loudly into the phone as Lucky held it up to her ear and she was shaking her head with laughter at the words.

"Did I get you at work? Sorry." Justin stated as Lucky laughed a little bit, nudging Robby with her arm and she was going over to the side.

"It's all good. We were just talking about how we were going to be training with my dad for the rest of the day. If you are up for it, you're welcome to come with us." Lucky cautiously approached the subject, since he was still healing and Justin chuckled.

"I'm in, if my dad allows it. Just hold on for a minute." Lucky heard him put the cell phone down as she was waiting patiently on the other end. "Hey, sorry. He says that I am good as long as you promise to not let me rip open my stitches." Justin stated and Lucky laughed.

"Tell him that the only chance of that, is if you end up sparring against Robby." Lucky remarked and then a moment later, she could hear Mike laughing in the background of the phone call. "You can drive to my house, leave the truck there and then my dad will drive us out to our training spot."

"All right, see you guys in a bit." Lucky hung up the phone as she glanced over at Robby, who looked satisfied.

"All done?" Lucky asked and Robby nodded in agreement. "Good, now go and get the hell out of your uniform and meet me by the car." She remarked as he laughed and he was going to the staff bathroom quickly.

Lucky already had the newly rebuilt car running, as she had finally restored it and painted the car that had been sitting in the LaRusso family driveway for over 3 months and she was finally able to call it, as her car. Robby hopped into the passenger seat with his skateboard in his hand and Lucky was driving off quickly.

"Dad, we're ready!" Lucky called out as she was not-so-patiently waiting for her father, pacing back and forth while Robby and Justin were talking with Sam. "Dad!" Lucky yelled again and he finally was walking out of the house.

"Honestly, when did you suddenly find or at least, get the ability to break my eardrums with your shouting?" Daniel asked in disbelief as he was walking out to them, where they were all waiting by the pool.

"When I discovered that you are hardly ever on time for anything?" Lucky shot back and Daniel's sigh was clear. "Can we go already?" Lucky was bouncing up and down in place, as Daniel was chuckling at her.

"All right, all right, fine. Let's go." Daniel agreed as Robby took the cooler and Justin was following the two with Lucky.

Robby got the passenger seat, while Lucky and Justin were sitting in the backseat and the shorter road-trip playlist was currently blasting through the speakers, as Lucky was singing along.

"Why is it always country music?" Robby asked loudly, he was almost now yelling to be heard over the music and over Lucky's singing voice.

"Because it is our road trip playlist, sorry." Daniel remarked and Justin was almost asleep against the window and he was quietly snoring.

"Justin?" He asked after they were parking the car and Lucky was swiftly glancing over at him.

Lucky nudged Justin in the ribs and when he didn't respond, she nudged him again in the ribs and Justin's eyes opened. "What the hell?" Justin muttered and Lucky sighed.

"We're here." Daniel replied and Justin blinked quickly, before he was rubbing his eyes and he nodded.

Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and hopped out of the car as Robby grabbed the cooler again, while Lucky was grabbing the other bag of gear quickly.

Justin was looking around and he was trying to keep his sense of direction, as he followed Daniel, Robby and Lucky, all of them now out to the lake side.

They were out there for hours, training together and enjoying the silence that came from the nature around them.

Since Robby was busy, working on his different kicks on the tree and Daniel had left to find better service to keep up with a hockey game, it left Justin and Lucky to walk around the woods silently together and they listened to the sounds of nature.

"Are you feeling okay?" Lucky asked as she could see the stitches and the mess that was his chest under his shirt, which was why she was so concerned.

"I'm okay." Justin said as he grabbed her hand in his. "If I wasn't, I would've already told you." He promised as she lifted up her eyebrows. "I promise." Justin said and now he was leaning against a tree, looking at her with bright eyes.

"You look like shit, Justin." Lucky said and Justin laughed at the words, before he was shaking his head.

"I love you too, Luck." Justin replied and Lucky was shaking her head.

"I didn't mean it," Lucky groaned in annoyance at the rather mischievous sparkle in his eyes. "You are so annoying sometimes." She remarked and Justin was smiling at the words.

"Yeah, that tracks." Justin replied and she was moving her arms around him carefully at the words. "So, do you think that your dad likes me yet?" He asked as he kissed her cheek quickly and Lucky scoffed.

"How about tolerating?" Lucky asked and Justin chuckled at the word. "He still does not like your Dad, you definitely know that right? Your last name, it still... Well, you know." Lucky murmured and Justin was nodding.

"Yeah, I know." Justin murmured quietly and she spotted the pain in his eyes. "I am trying... But I still have my dad's temper, my dad's face, and his name." He muttered and Lucky reached up gently and she cupped his face carefully.

"It doesn't matter to me, Justin, and it doesn't matter to most others." Lucky said and he was tilting his head to look down at her. "You are not the same person now, that your father was back then." She reminded him and he was nodding a little, but she was able to see in his face, that he didn't believe it at all.

"Sometimes it feels like I am." Justin admitted as she brushed her lips against his and Justin grinned, before he leaned down to her. Lucky's fingers were locked behind his neck and then suddenly, a cough was interrupting them.