NINE|Accidents

Lucky was sleeping on the couch at home and she was soundly asleep, until someone was suddenly banging on the door.

Lucky snapped awake and her eyes were flashed quickly and she looked over at the doorway as the pounding knock continued and Lucky quickly jumped over the couch to get to the door.

Lucky threw open the door as she was looking at the panicked Eli, whose hand was still up in the air. "Eli, what the hell is going on?" She asked as she checked her phone and she shook her head. "It's 2 in the morning!" She said.

"Justin was in a car accident!" Eli said and Lucky's eyes widened. "His dad knew that you wouldn't be allowed to leave if he had shown up here." Eli stammered out as Lucky nodded.

"Give me two minutes." Lucky said as she disappeared back into the house at a sprint up the stairs. Lucky tossed her dirty clothes into the laundry and she was grabbing a t-shirt, jeans and a jacket.

Lucky grabbed her wallet too and she was racing quickly back down the stairs. "Wait, Lucky?" Amanda asked and she quickly had been woken up by Lucky's panicked running across the house.

"Justin's been in an accident, Eli and I are going to the hospital." Lucky said as Amanda came down the stairs as she looked down at her, before she looked at Eli.

"It will be a lot faster if I just drive you both to the hospital." Amanda said and at the words, Eli looked relieved. Lucky and Eli were getting into the car quickly and after Amanda had grabbed a jacket and her keys, they were all driving off.

The teenagers ran into the building as Amanda was going to find parking. Lucky looked around the waiting room frantically, until she found Mike. Lucky and Eli were walking quickly over to Mike, who looked terrified. "Mike." Lucky said and Mike was looking up at them. "Who else was in the car?" She asked.

"Kiara, Justin and my wife... They were all in the car." Mike said and Lucky sat on the nearest chair, while Eli had just quickly managed to catch the seat next to her. "The car... I don't know. The doctors would not let me in and other than the police asking me to identify the vehicle, that they were in, I haven't had anything from them either." Mike said and Lucky looked at him.

"Your kids are strong, Mike, they will pull through. I know that they will, they are a lot stronger than anybody else gives them credit for." Lucky said and Mike nodded a little. "We'll stay here with you, for as long as you need us too, right Eli?" She asked and Eli nodded.

"Of course we will." Eli said as Amanda came in and Lucky waved at her. Amanda walked over and she was looking at them.

"Amanda LaRusso, Mike Barnes." Lucky introduced quickly and she was shaking in her place. "Justin's dad." She said as Amanda shook hands with him quickly and now they were sitting down to wait.

Lucky spotted a voicemail message on her phone and she excused herself for a minute before she was pressing on the message to listen to it.

"Hey Luck. Sorry if you were busy when I called, I just needed to get this off of my chest before I completely lost my nerve. You probably noticed that I have been acting a little weird recently and I am also almost ninety percent sure that Robby also noticed.

I didn't even really want to make things awkward for us, as friends or with the group so I never told you. You asked me not long ago about the thing that I was going to tell you, before you went off to Juvie. The truth is that I really like you, I always did. That was what I wanted to tell you before you were taken to Juvie.

If it changes things, Luck, I get it and if it changes things... If it changes things, then I get it. If you decide that we never wanted to say anything about it again, then I will never mention it again. We will just go about our lives as if we never discussed it. I just needed to get it off of my chest somehow and I wasn't gonna get the chance in person I kept copping out.