38 | SEMINAR

Reyhaan's POV

Today is a perfect Friday, the last working day of the week. The classes were as usual but before I end my day I have a seminar to attend at 5 pm and right now it is 4. I walk down the stairs holding my laptop in hand only to find all my family gathered around while both the brats are up to some mischief.

"What's up?" I say after reaching near to them, everyone looks at me and gives me a smile to acknowledge and goes back to doing whatever they were doing previously.

Rysa looks at me with hopeful and pleading eyes "Bhai please tell dad to let me go for a party"

Nysa adds a please at the end.

"Who will be there?"

"All my classmates and well their friends"

I shake my head negatively knowing how exactly these parties are going to be "No, you are not going to that party"

"Why" Both of them ask me in a high pitched voice

"Because I know how these parties are. There will be alcohol and boys. You are not going" I say sternly and then I move my eyes towards Dad "Dad, Chachu, they are not going"

When they are about to say something I add "End of discussion"

But obviously she ignores adding further "That is unfair! You used to go too and even now you go to these parties. How am I not allowed?"

"Because I know what a teenager boy with alcohol thinks"

Her face turns red in anger "You are being such a hypocrite, why can't we go?" She then starts looking at everyone with puppy eyes "Guys please I promise we will be good girls. Pleasee"

Dadu melts seeing this and looks at me "Beta, let her go"

"Nope"

"Who-" Before Nysa can say anything further I interrupt "I have the rights because I'm your older brother. My answer still remains no"

Rysa's eyes glisten with water, threatening to spill. She is biting her lower lip, to stop it from quivering. But just one blink makes the tears pour down

"I hate you" She says and storms off towards her room along with Nysa.

Dad sighs looking at me "You shouldn't have been so harsh on them. They're just kids"

"I know but it was necessary. You very well know these places aren't safe for them, I'm just looking out for them" I shrug

Dad and Chachu look at each other and have some sort of a telepathic conversation.

Letting go of the topic, Chachu then asks me "Where are you going?"

"There is seminar I need to attend so I'm going college"

Chachi asks while eating a watermelon "We're going out for dinner you'll be joining right?"

"Yes of course, where?"

"Venue not decided yet" After replying she looks behind me and asks "Where is Dhruv?"

That guy has gone out with Anaya but everyone thinks he is at Sid's.

"He went to Sid's house, remember. They will come together"

***

"Look I'm going to be honest here, yes it was easy for me to get in the industry because of my family background. I had access to the funds and I had more exposure and knowledge about it. But once you get in, the key to success is to stay consistent. That is very difficult. If I didn't have the talent or the potential then I wouldn't have reached where I am now" Says Mr. Prashant Roy, one of the most well known and successful millionaires of the country. He was invited to be the guest of the seminar.