29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION

Aadhya's POV

I stir slightly in the bed, snuggling my head even more in the pillow which is so soft and.. Hard? It's never been that way but that didn't stop me from getting good sleep. I try to move but I feel squished along with a weight around my waist and I can also hear soft snores.

I squint open my eyes only to be welcomed by Reyhaan's face. I close my eyes again trying to recollect what happened yesterday. Party, birthday, rain, FRIENDS, then we spoke for hours and I didn't realize when we fell asleep.

I'm laying on his shoulder, and my legs are resting on one of his and dangling between them which is partially covered by the duet. I try to move away but I stop when I hear him say "Good morning"

His husky voice sends chills in spine.

"Morning," I reply without looking at him while sitting in a more appropriate position.

"Where's my phone?" he asks while looking for it. I turn to the other side to search for it and I find it next to me.

"It's here" I passed it to him.

The home screen flashes and it makes Reyhaan mutter "Fuck"

"What's wrong?" I frown

He pinches the bridge of his nose and says "12 missed calls from Di, 10 from Dad, 25 from Rysa, 51 from Dhruv and 30 from Sid and it goes on. Not just that there's almost over two hundred messages from all my relatives"

"Shit. you didn't inform them that you're staying here?"

"No I forgot" He winces. A while later he looks up at me panic stricken making me worried

"What's wrong?"

"There's a birthday ritual. At 5:55 am, everyone comes to my room, Di comes with the cake, Rysa Nysa with birthday cards, Dhruv with party poppers, and the rest of them wearing ridiculous birthday caps. They think I don't know but it's hard not to know when they do the same thing every birthday. But I act surprised every single time" He says making me chuckle

"That's so sweet. But why 5:55?" I ask amused

He rolls his eyes "Dadi believes that only ghosts are awake at 12 am. And I wake up by 6 every day for gym so. Right, Anyway I'll leave now"

"Like this?" I skeptically eye Ahaan bhai's clothes he is wearing

He scratches his head in embarrassment while his ears turn pink.

He's so cute

"Go change your clothes" I shake my head at him, while laughing.

He goes to my room to change while I go to the kitchen to prepare some coffee for him. Mom always says that you shouldn't head out empty stomach.

Just when I take the mug out, Reyhaan comes out of the room too.

He has changed into the clothes he wore last night, and his disheveled hair makes him look much hotter right now than yesterday.

"Here" I hand out the coffee

He passes out a grateful smile "You didn't have to. Thank you"

While taking the mug from me, his fingers brush my hand making me grip the hem of my top tighter. Once he's done with it, he places it on the dining table.

"I'll leave now" He says

I nod and putting my hand out for a handshake "happy birthday once again"

He eyes my hand like I'm being absurd. I hide my disappointment while taking my hand back but he stops it by tugging me forward for a hug.