19 | BARGAINING SKILLS

Reyhaan's POV

It was the first time in weeks that Aadhya was talking to me or even being in the same room as me. I regretted the moment those words slipped out of my mouth that evening in Manali. I had seen a flicker of hurt in her moist eyes.

I hated to see her hurt because of me.

It all started because of that motherfucker Jai! If he wouldn't have messed my head in the party. Everyone was playing ping pong and I just wasn't in the mood so I decided to stand there while watching them play.

Flashback starts

"Rey man! C'mon play with us" Sahil says but I nod in negative.

Jai, who had just played one round of the game, stood next to Sahil with an arm around his shoulder and comments "Why? Does mommy not know lil Reyhaan drinks and parties? Will mommy scold you for breaking rules? Oh wait, you don't have one?"

He crossed the line, that instant when he even mentioned the word mommy and nothing in the world, not even god, will now be able to save him from my wrath.

Flashback end

When she kept asking me for the reason, I couldn't just get myself to utter those words. No one except Dhruv and Sid know how I actually feel about my mom's death. Aditi and the rest of the boys know that she's dead but nothing in detail.

Yes, Aditi and I have known each other since childhood, but I wouldn't say we're best of friends. She is more close to Sid than to me or Dhruv.

"C'mon let's go" I say to Aadhya as I park my car in front of the main door. We walk out of the car and start walking inside the house as the door is open. I glance at her, who is busy admiring the house. As soon as we enter, there are staircases on both sides and then after a few steps there is the more informal living room.

Instead I take a left after the staircase where the formal living room is and I look behind if she is following me. Yes she is.

I opened the door and let her get in first after which I follow.

"Do you want something? Cold or perhaps a hot drink?" I ask

"No its okay" She politely declines with a small smile

With a nod I continue "Okay so the file is in my room and I know you are dying to see my room but unfortunately you can't" I say in an attempt to I don't know make her smile or lighten her mood

Stupid! I've gotten so stupid I know

She rolls her eyes even though a smile plays on her lips "Please! You're just way too delusional"

"Right anyway I'll g-" I interrupted by the noise of the door open behind me.

I turn to find the brats- Rysa and Nysa. I can already smell trouble. Their eyes immediately bounce between Aadhya and I, then they look at each other with knowing looks and mischievous smirks.

Rysa rests her elbow on one side of Nysa's shoulder and says "Well well what do we have here?"

Nysa then says teasingly "It's our big brother with a girl! Who is this lovely friend bhaiya?"

Rolling my eyes I reply "This is Aadhya and she's just a friend"

Nysa then comments "Oh a friend we've heard that one before, right Rysa"

"Oh yeah absolutely. So bhaiya, wouldn't you introduce us to your "just friend"? Rysa winks at me

I try not to lose my patience "This is Rysa my younger sister and that is Nysa Dhruv's younger sister"