03 | DINNER

Aadhya's POV

I'm startled as the door to my room opens abruptly, and the pencil in my hand flies behind me. I gasp loudly uttering "shit", glancing towards the door to find Anaya standing next to it, clutching the doorknob with a wide-eyed expressions. 

"Sorry" she apologizes even though she is not apologetic, and then begins giggling at me. I sneer at her whilst taking a deep breath to calm myself down. 

Suddenly she stops giggling and seems to be annoyed. While applying moisturizer on her hands, she walks in settling on my bed and asks me "When did you come back? the least you could do is inform me when you're back." 

I turn around getting up from my study desk and walk over sitting on my bed and reply "Well dummy, I didn't inform you because when I came you were too invested in your bubble bath. Then I was speaking to Ahaan bhai."  

"Oh" she gives me a sheepish grin, raising her eyebrows in realization

Sometimes Anaya reminds me of my mother, which is both quite aggravating and kind of endearing.  For instance she expects me to send her my live location when I go out alone which is absurd considering my own mother doesn't demand me of it.  

That is when I remember the ugly argument I had earlier this evening "You won't believe what happened today. It was undoubtedly the worst day ever" 

"Oh shit what happened?" she asked with a frown on her face.

""Up until I saw this man on my way home from class, everything was good. All of my things from my hand tumbled onto the ground as I ran into him, so I knelt down to pick them up and he did the same to collect his stuff. I then apologised, but as soon as he started speaking, I saw what a jerk he really is. I had no idea how impolite he behaved." I rant endlessly to her in a single breath. 

Taking a deep breath, I continue "He was really disrespectful, I politely said sorry but he was like 'next time look where you are going'. I promptly dumped the remaining coffee on him out of rage. You should have seen him, his face was hilarious." 

Of course I avoided the part where I was drooling over him and how attractive he was.

Hey, I'm not denying the efforts and love with which god made his panty dropping hotness. But I can't find the person I despise hot. That's the rule so its best off to not mention how hot and sexy he is. 

Plus she will never let me live peacefully if I mention it. 

"You seriously poured the coffee on him?" she asked in disbelief with her mouth agape and brows furrowed.

"Close your mouth otherwise flies will enter your mouth and to answer your question yes. I did" I defeatedly say. 

"It was perhaps a tad bit excessive, don't you think?" she slowly asked me, chewing her lips. 

I snap "Don't you think I know that already, but he was being a insolent jerk. Otherwise, I would have never done it. Plus you are aware of my tendency at being impulsive sometimes." Tilting her head, she hums in response agreeing with me. 

I turned towards Anaya and she looks rather amused by my little rant. Squinting my eyes, I ask her "what? are you finding this funny?"

She responds with a grin"Nah, just wondering if trouble follows you or you follow trouble?" 

"God I hate you" With one hand I take a cushion and throw it on her face and I jump on her and start ticking her stomach. She squirms and begs me to stop while giggling uncontrollably, rolling on the bed trying to make me stop "Aadhya stop. God pl-please stop stop"