33 | DENIAL

Reyhaan's POV

"Move your lazy asses! Did I tell you to stop? Chop chop! 3 more laps!" Coach yells at us like he usually does. I can feel my muscles burning as I continue running under the scorching sun. We have a match against SJU tomorrow and everyone is on toes as it is the qualifier match. If we win this then we directly go to the finals which will be held after a month and a half.

Once we are done with the running we finally start with actual practice. It goes on until 5 in the evening and finally the coach spares us, letting us go home.

"You guys are back" Chachi says as Dhruv and I enter home "Go freshen up I'll get the food ready"

"Chachi I don't want to eat now, I'll have it later" I say which makes her frown "why? Aren't you hungry after practice? At Least have some juice"

I nod negatively "okay fine send a glass of juice across someone but no food I want to sleep for sometime"

She nods looking at me and then looks at Dhruv expectedly.

"I'll come down and have some food" He replies

She then asks "how was practice?"

"Rigorous"

"Tiring"

We both answer simultaneously. With that we leave to our respective rooms. I go straight to my bathroom after leaving my bag somewhere near my bed. After a hot shower, I change into my Nike shorts and crash on my bed.

Suddenly a sharp noise of my phone ringing wakes me up. I move my hand mindlessly searching for my phone and my eyes first go to the time which shows 7:30 pm. It feels like I've slept for only 10 minutes but in reality I've slept for more than an hour.

I then check the caller id which shows Aadhya is calling. I pick the call

"Hey" She sings in her honey like sweet voice and it automatically makes my lip twitch

"What's up?" I ask in my hoarse voice

She pauses for a second before saying "were you sleeping? Did I disturb you?"

"I was but good that you called I had to wake up anyway" I reply while changing my position to sleep on my back with my hand beneath my head.

"Are you sure? I can call you later" She says hurriedly

"No" I reply sharply, making me mentally hit myself for using that tone. "I mean no it's fine"

"So how was practice?"

"As usual coach whooping our asses, right now even if you ask him for something as simple as a five minute break he will burst like a volcano"

She chuckles "that's quite harsh but hey the good part is the match is tomorrow so it'll be over asap"

"True. You're coming tomorrow right?" I ask

"Yup Aditi and Anaya will kill me if I don't. Plus anyway Anaya is extremely excited because Dhruv is playing and all" She says.

All of us made a plan to trap Dhruv where we lied that Anaya is going on a date which made him jealous and he confessed that he likes her.

"Good it'll be nice to see my personal cheerleader on the stands shouting and hyping me" I tease her

She scoffs "Personal cheerleader? Excuse me, who said I will be cheering for you?"

"Who else will you cheer for?"

"The captain of the opposing team, who else?" Just the thought of her cheering for someone irks me

"Cheer for that guy and you will be responsible for a person's death" My chest rises and falls as I try to control my anger.