17 | CAPRICIOUS

Aadhya's POV

I'm utterly and completely shocked.

Why? All because of Reyhaan Singhania. That boy who is unapologetically rude, makes snarky comments and has never acknowledged me, has somehow magically not only initiated a conversation but also laughed with me.

Exactly. 

It feels like someone has put a spell on him or while river rafting he drowned in water and some clone has replaced him. Because in the 2 months that I have known him, I have never once seen a smile on his face unless he is speaking with his friends. But even then it is only a small one or max max a grin.

But the one in the lift was full blown laughter. It was ethereal. It was contagious. It was rich and deep that echoed in the small space and I couldn't hold myself back. I very much needed to not give a fuck about anything else but just live in the moment and be happy. But I never in a million years thought it would be with Reyhaan.

I didn't think I would discover his unguarded and more human version. Perhaps this way I got a glimpse of his true self, something beyond this dominant and crude demeanor.

"Babe, let's dance!" Aditi shouted due to the loud music bursting from the speakers. "Lets go" Anaya and I said simultaneously.

After a few rounds of dumb charades, the party had finally started. We walked onto the dance floor, right opposite to the dj. I could feel the thumping bass reverberated through the soles of my feet. The lights above swirled in a kaleidoscope of colors, casting its enchanting glow on everyone around me.

The song had changed from some random remix to Calm down by Selena Gomez, and a grin instantly made its way on our lips. We looked at each other and Aditi excitedly yelled "you guys know the hook step right?"

We nodded, matching the same excitement as hers and we started singing while grooving to the song. We mirrored each other's gestures, adding our own playful twists and spins. The rhythm of our laughter intertwined with the beats, amplifying the euphoria that coursed through our veins.

The song has now changed to Tum Hi Ho Bandhu and automatically my eyes close shut allowing the music to envelop me, to guide my every movement.. My lower lip was in between my teeth as the grin was still plastered on my face. As the lyrics filled the air, I felt a surge of emotion welling up inside me.

My hands swirled gracefully in the air and for some reason I felt as if the lyrics breathed life into my limbs. My hips moved with a fluidity that mirrored the gentle sway of the melody. With each sway, I embodied the emotions woven into the song—love, longing, and the bittersweet beauty of human connections.

Anaya and Aditi's cheers bring me back to reality and I mimic their movements. Aditi takes out her phone and starts taking photos and videos. I link my hands with Anaya's and I twirl her around.

I feel my phone suddenly vibrate in my pants pocket, so I take it out to find Ahaan Bhai's name flashing on my phone screen.

"Bhai is calling I'll be right back" I shout after tugging both their hands but their frowns say they couldn't hear.

I instead show my phone screen and they show a thumbs up. I walk out towards a more silent area and pick his call.

"Hi bhai"

"Hey" he replies "Are you back?"

"Nope. we'll be leaving tomorrow"

"Right I forgot"

I chuckle at his forgetful nature "Yeah"

"So what are you doing right now?" he questions

"Since it's the last day we're having a party at the hotel and it's awesome!" I squeal