IV

The next morning I was up bright and early before my alarm even went off. I jumped out of bed and ran to the dresser before pulling out a cozy blue sweater and leggings. The mornings weren't freezing out but they were getting colder the later in the year it got.

I brushed my teeth and hair before grabbing my keys, wallet, and phone. I would have to get there quickly if I wanted to catch one of the boys. I had figured out on most days their practices were very early in the mornings.

I skipped down the steps and made my way to the bus stop down the street. I stopped for a moment, debating whether I should risk my time and wait for the bus or just high-tail it to the coffee shop.

When I saw the people waiting under the covering I chose the latter. Some of them didn't look too trustworthy.

So I quickly typed in the address on my phone and started following the invisible blue path. It only took me about 10 minutes before I was standing in front of it.

"Perfect," I mumbled, realizing it wasn't even open yet. I checked the time and smiled. 6 on the dot. They opened at 6:05 which means if the members did get coffee here, they couldn't come before that.

I stood to the side of the door and waited, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my sweater when I started to feel the stinging on my fingertips. It wasn't long before the sign on the door was flipped and the door was unlocked. I made my way inside, grateful for the warmth.

Conveniently, I was first in line. "Good morning. What can I get started for you?"

That Duolingo was really paying off. Of course, so were the actual classes I took but, you've got to give that green bird credit for something, right?

"Can I just get a hot chocolate, please?"

I heard a quiet chuckle from behind me. "Good taste," someone muttered. I tried not to turn around and focused on swiping my card. Whatever creep was listening in on me, I didn't want anything to do with.

As soon as the machine told me to remove my card I moved off to the side and waited. I took a seat at the table closest to the window so I could look out and watch the people moving by. And maybe also to keep a lookout for any one of the boys.

Speaking of boys. I turned to examine the man who was behind me in line. He had a long black coat on and a soft matching black beret on his head. He had a mask pulled up around his mouth and nose and his back facing me.

Well, I guess extremely handsome men are a thing here in Korea.

I turned my attention back out the window, waiting for someone interesting to walk through the doors. To my disappointment, no one did and soon my name was being called. As I stood to go grab my drink, I decided I couldn't give up yet. I had a feeling at least one of them would come.

I reached for my hot chocolate on the counter but noticed there were two. 

"Uh," I spoke mindlessly, pausing midway, unsure of which one was mine. I crouched down to be eye-level with the stickers and squinted, attempting to read them. When I saw my name in tiny print, I made to grab it but someone's hand was quicker.

You have got to be kidding.

Our hands froze with mine on the cup and the man's on mine. I glanced to the side, noticing it was the same man from the line.

"I'm sorry I think we must've gotten the same thing. This one is mine," I apologized, raising the cup we were both still holding onto. He pulled his hand back quickly and ducked his head in a bow.

"My apologies. I thought that was mine."

"It's okay, don't worry. It was no problem really." 

I almost stuttered at the deep, thoughtful voice I heard. It almost sounded like...

He grabbed the other one and pulled off to the side, probably waiting for something else. I took my drink and scurried back to my seat before I began to sip on it. I tried to avoid the man's gaze to relieve the awkwardness between us but I was failing. I couldn't bring myself to stop glancing at him. He seemed so familiar. I could've sworn I-

As he walked by to leave the shop with two drinks in his hand, we made eye contact for the first time and everything hit me like a bus.

He quickly left the shop before I had time to stand up or even react. He crossed the street and hurried down the sidewalk into a building.

My eyes were wide as saucers as I lowered back down into my seat, my gaze trained on the direction the man just fled.

But that wasn't just any man. Oh no. I would be a fool. I felt like a fool for not recognizing him sooner. Only when I saw his eyes did I know. And I felt like shit because of it. I mean I should've just been able to tell by the way he stood!

"Holy shit. There's no way..."

I just ran into Kim fucking Taehyung.

-

Thanks for being patient with updates! Happy reading :)