Chapter 18: Babygirl

Start from the beginning

Time seems to stand still as the room fills with the first cries of our newborn, the cry raw and full of life.

Emily gently places our baby on my heaving chest, and tears flow freely from me as we gaze at the tiny, wrinkled face that has already stolen our hearts.

Alessandro is in utter awe.

"Baby, you did it, you fucking did it. You are so strong," Alessandro breathes next to me, placing a quick kiss on my cheek and staring at our little girl in adoration. "She is beautiful like her mother..."

"I know," Giana and I mutter in sync, making us both laugh, my heart pounding in joy, love, and excitement.

"Yeah, just like me," I mutter softly, caressing her little face, watching as she yawns, making us all coo in admiration and joy. "I love her so much," I mutter, sniffling my cries. "My perfect girl," I say, looking up at Alessandro while he stares at her with love in his gentle, glowing eyes. "I love you so much," I whisper, and he turns to look at me with meaningful eyes.

"I love you," He whispers before leaning in and kissing my lips. "I love you both...''

"Despite literally watching a baby get ripped from Adrienne, um-you know-the um...eh-em, seeing this instead brings me so much more tears..." Our eyes snap towards a sobbing Ares in front of my bed, and I just now realize that he saw my vagina. "This is so beautiful," he mumbles, wiping away his tears and making us laugh at his emotional state.

"You're an Uncle and Godfather, Ares," I whisper, and a weep escapes his lips, which he quickly covers with his hand before making his way over to me, hiccuping. I turn to look at Giana. "You're an Aunt," I whisper, and she pouts at me, watching Alessandro and my baby girl as she gently stretches, making me coo in admiration.

"Noemi Isabel D'piero..." I mumble, staring at her with love in my eyes.

Isabel is Leah's middle name and now she will be part of our baby girl's life.

"Such a beautiful name-name..." Another sob leaves Ares's lips, making me playfully roll my eyes at him. "This is such a blessing, Alessandro you need to make more of these," he sniffles after his words. "Oh, my God, this is so beautiful!"

"You were not the one in labor, and you are the most sentimental," Giana mutters to him, and he playfully waves her off.

"You wouldn't understand," he takes a deep breath, watching as I giggle at him. I take hold of Noemi, attempting to place her gently in Alessandro's arms, but pause when I see blood on his shoulder, making me gasp. "Alessandro, you're hurt," I mutter with horror in my voice and eyes, and he sighs.

"I was shot, but I am okay, I promise," he reassures me, and I shake my head at him.

He needs to be looked at immediately!

"Giana, would you please get the first aid kit, and Ares, get Noemi to the Doctor, okay?" They both nod in understanding, and I gently hand the baby in his arm, watching as they both leave, turning to look at Alessandro. "I will stitch you up..." I can't bear to see him in pain, even though he doesn't look like he's in pain.

"No, baby, you are hurt. You just came out of labor-" he begins, shaking his head in disapproval.

"I am fine, you're not. I love you so much, and I am doing this for you. You don't have a say. I am going to get you better." At the same time, Giana opens the door and hands me the first-aid kit, and I sit up in bed despite feeling weak and exhausted.

A hiss leaves my lips at an unexpected pain from below, causing fright to both Giana and Alessandro as they both reach for me, and I shake my head. "Guys, I am fine, just a little pain. Sit right here," I gesture to Alessandro before me, watching as he sits next to me, lifting his shirt to a bloodied shoulder, making me gasp. "Oh, baby," I mutter, pouting, a bit disappointed that he got himself shot but mostly worried.