Extra Chapter: Giana

Giana's POV

It is around nine in the night, and I finally, for the love of God, got my niece to sleep after feeding her and singing one of her favorite lullabies.

Alessandro and Adrienne needed some time for themselves, so me and their baby girl are  at my aunts' and uncles' place while they enjoy some alone time. They deserve it.

They have been the absolute best parents for Noemi. Especially Adrienne, she is fantastic, and when I decide to have a child of my own in the future, I would like to be like her because she is everything in a mother I aspire to be.

She does her very best for her child, and I cannot wait to see the other things she will do for her. God, I love her, Adrienne. She is like the sister I have always wanted since I lost mine, and I cannot wait to spend a long time with her doing things we both love, with my brother and my loving niece.

Placing a gentle kiss on Noemi's cheek, I lean away from her and turn to leave the nursery my aunt and uncle made for her the second they moved in the house.

They love her with all their hearts, and so do I.

Descending the stairs, I make my way toward the living room where my aunt and uncle are cuddled up lovingly, laughing at something they said.

"She is down already?" Aunt Vivian asks me, and I nod my head, emitting a small smile as I sit on the couch before them.

"Yeah, sleeping peacefully," I say, watching as Uncle Matteo gives me a thumbs up and a smile because Noemi was giving me a hell of trouble before I put her to bed.

"Adrienne and Alessandro deserve this. Having a child is a lot of work, you know?" My aunt asks, and I nod my head with a smile.

"Yeah, I know, aunty, and that is why I am surprising Alessandro and Adrienne with a trip to the Caribbean for a small break from everything." I say with a smile, aware it might take some convincing for Alessandro due to work, but he would eventually go if Adrienne wants to, and we both know she will.

"You are a wonderful sister, sweetie, and an amazing aunt. I can only envision you, Noemi, and Adrienne continuing to drive Alessandro crazy in the near future, just as you guys are doing now. He loves you all so much it is driving him crazy," my aunt giggles, and I join in, fully aware that she is spot-on.

"Did you hear from my father?" I inquire Matteo, who nods reassuringly. "He is on a distant trip, safe and sound. No need to worry; we have discreet eyes watching over him."

I nod understandably at my uncle, happy that my father is not getting himself in any trouble at all.

Diego sets a tray of delicious Tacos on the table, joining me with a grin. "And we are all set," he says, kissing my cheek.

Giggling, I dig in and savor the delicious taco Diego made, nodding in approval. "So good," I moan, giving him a thumbs up.

"Because I made it, duh..." Diego quips as I take another bite.

"Could have used some sauces though..." I remark between chews only to taunt him.

"I could have only done so much...!" He retorts with a frown, and Aunt Vivian laughs at the same time the moment is abruptly interrupted by the loud ringing of Diego's cell phone, making me wince at the sudden noise.

"Could you please turn down your cell ringing?" I groan as he answers it.

"What is up fam..." he responds, but three seconds later, he stands up and leaves the room, piquing our curiosity, but soon after, my thoughts shift to the food.